Using Syndicate News Theme - Where do I tell it what image to feature on the home page?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nb_*

Guest_nb_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:51 PM

On the demo site here:

http://demos.ithemes.com/syndicate-news-theme/

You get a nice sliding image on the front page that also links to the post.

Where do I specify that image? I have sliding posts but without an image.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,703 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:45 AM

Hi,

for theme specific support issues, please sign in and post in the appropriate theme forum.

and always add a link to your site so we can look into this,

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_nb_*

Guest_nb_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

Thank you Ronald,

However the support username I recieved by email works for the member's area but not the support forum. Hence why I have logged in as "Guest". I have emailed though about this but not heard back yet.

And to be able to post in the theme specific forums you must be logged in.

Any idea how I can get this sorted?

cheers...

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 28,703 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

Hi,

can you send the e-mail to support@ithemes.com. I did not find any e-mail regarding this. Please add your username and firstname/lastname you registered on purchase, so I can check your forum profile,

thanks,
Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

I'm having the exact same experience.

1) Downloaded Syndicate and the video instructions were for another theme, totally unhelpful.

2) Now trying to get into the "new forums" and with my username/email/password, none of which are recognized.

Guess I'll email support now. Great. Wonder how long that will take.

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 28,703 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

Hi,

When you use the username and password that you use to access the members area (to download the theme), does that same user/password not work on the forum?

And if not, can you send an e-mail to support@ithemes.com, including the information I requested in the previous post (username and firstname/lastname you registered on purchase) and also include username and password you use to download your purchased products.

The featured posts will display the "featured images" you added for the latest x number of posts that you have written, and can be configured in wp-dashboard > My Theme > FeaturedPost.

Ronald