Question regarding upgrade keys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 John Torre

John Torre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

I just uploaded a number of Plugin Buddy plugins and there were a few that needed upgrading. I noticed the "Manage Licenses" link and clicked that to get my "key" for upgrades.

My questions:

1) Is the first "key" I receive good for all my plugins, or do I have to get a different key for each?

2) Why, after getting a key, do some of the plugins show a key icon with the word "Licenses" next to it, while others show the key icon next to the words, "Manage Licenses," as though I still need to get a key?

3) Why, after logging in and pasting in the key that I had just received, do I get the message: "Invalid license key, it has expired, or it is already in use.  Please verify the key or contact support for assistance."

If someone can just run me through this procedure I'd appreciate it. It'll be one less problem out of the barrel.

Thanks...

John

#2 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hi John,

You have to have a seperate key for each individual plugin.

It depends what versions you are running on the plugins. When WP 3.0 came out it broke our updating system. So if any plugins are versions before that time then they will need to be updated manually. You can just download our free easy theme & plugin updater. It can be found <a class="sfcode" href="http://pluginbuddy.com/free-wordpress-plugins/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">here</a>. Just download the plugin at the members area then upload via WP dashboard and select yes to upgrade when prompted to.

Thanks!

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#3 John Torre

John Torre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for your reply, Josh. I did what you said and followed the instructions on this page: http://ithemes.com/a-better-faster-way-to-upgrade-themes/

The problem I ran into is as follows:

I successfully downloaded the latest version of Builder, and uploaded the zip file. However, I did not see a button for step #5 on the above page, which reads, "Select âYesâ from the âUpgrade existing theme?â option."

So my only option was to upload it as a new theme (I'm assuming.) Consequently, when I went to upload the upgraded version of Builder I got the following message:

Destination folder already exists. /home/jat1956/public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder/

Theme install failed.

Can you tell me where I went wrong? Also, please confirm that by doing these steps I will be able to take care of the initial question of upgrading plugins.

Thanks...

John

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,145 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

moving this to the Easy Theme and Plugin Updater support forum, for better exposure,

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.