** URGENT ** Tabber Widget just stopped working...PLZ HELP ASAP!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marc Gamble

Marc Gamble

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

Support,

About to go live on a site where the tabber widget has been working phenomenally over the last few weeks. However, today, it appears that the tabber widget is NOT expanding the content for each tab... the content is being pulled (each tab is an rss feed and you can tell the browser is loading up the feeds as I've got about a dozen live feeds on the same page) I'm using tabs to separate out each topic and category.

Support, please take a look at this issue as we have changed nothing.

I'm convinced that the ajax effect of opening each tab is what is broken...I'm not technical enough to know how or why and thus the reason for assistance.

I've even created new tabs today and added simple content to the tabs on a single page with nothing else... and the same problem occurs... no expanded tab.

FYI, the 1st tab on the problem page for each tabber widget is a ">" symbol and in that tab, all I'vedone is loaded up a simple .jpg that shows -- unfortunately, nothing is working.

Here is the direct link: http://www.pcblounge.com/go/pcb-news-feeds/pcb-news-feeds-dashboard/

Please note, that it may take :30secs to load the page for the 1st time as it's aggregating all of the RSS feeds we have published on this page.

Your help is greatly appreciated... and much needed.

Thank you.

Marc

#2 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

Would you mind sending me a PM with the wp-dashboard login information to the site so that we can take a look at it.

Have you added any new plugins to your site lately?

#3 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

I tried looking through your plugins and it looks like deactivating the "FAQ Builder" plugin fixed the issue.

Good luck with your launch, please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

#4 Marc Gamble

Marc Gamble

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

Thanks skylar for your prompt attn to this issue... do you know why the FAQ Bldr caused the conflict?

Also is there another work around that allows us to keep both functional plugins running? We actually really need both interactive tools...

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,406 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

Hi,

in most cases, this is a conflict in the javascript library used by puligns. Given the fact that the plugin is advertised as "Compatible up to: 2.8.5" (released over a year ago) I assume it is loading an old version of the jQuery javascript library.

You may wish to check out similar plugins that are in active development and compatible with the latest version of WordPress,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.