Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

E-Comm Template questions prior to purchasing...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jules

Jules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

I currently have all the Flexx themes. I've purchased Shopp for my ecommerce and it's just a bit too difficult for me to understand to make some changes to it.

I'm seriously thinking of chucking Shopp and trying out your e-commerce theme however, have several questions.

1) Featured product section (left & right) can it become a fading image like with Flexx?

2) Can the logo area be made larger and can the Search box be moved to a side bar?

3) Can you have more than 1 side bar? Does this template offer layouts like the Flexx theme?

4) Product variations/options; If I sell items which are in different sizes (S,M,L,Tall) and want to charge more for the tall size, is there a way I can add product options which include optional price increases?

5) I couldn't find anything about the backend of the theme; shopping cart, configuring shipping costs, tax, adding a buy now or add to shopping cart button?

Is this truly an e commerce theme or am I going to have to add plug-ins? Already feel I've wasted money on an e-commerce theme, don't want to have to do it again. I'm happy with Flexx, I love the fact I don't have to use FTP to edit my Flexx themes and am hoping your E-commerce theme will offer the same.

Thanks,

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,369 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

Hi,

maybe it's best to start with the last question.

eCommerce theme is a WordPress theme. It has no built in eCommerce facilities as you require. You will need a plugin to add shopping cart, products, checkout, shipping costs, payment gateway etc.

So in that sense, it has no more features than Flexx, actually, Flexx has the facilities for Shopp built in, eCommerce has not.

Perhaps it is a good idea to focus on a better (more suitable) plugin for you,

This article is pretty recent and may help,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Jules

Jules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Ron, Thanks for the reading material, very helpful. I believe I may have picked out PHPurchase to handle the backend for the shopping cart, etc. I'm hoping this plug in will intergrate with iTheme e-commerce?

So back to my original questions 1-3?  Plus allow me to add another question, how many images (thumnails) can I place into my product page, and will a gallery(say like Fantasy Gallery or NextGen Image Flow) work with iTheme e-commerce for my product pages?

Also, this may not be the place to ask but it kinda, sorta is....if Shopp is intergrated with the Flexx theme, is there anything I can change in the Editor that will effect the way Shopp works, i.e., the bold font under my product thumbnail, or even the size of the image?

Thanks,

Jules

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,369 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:38 AM

Hi,

on 1 and 2, yes, that can be done. 3, adding a sidebar is not easy in eCommerce, and will require a modification that will take a considerable amount of time, and as such, is not within the scope of our theme support. In my personal opinion, when you are going for a flexible solution, I think Flexx is a better solution. eCommerce is created as a basic template, where products are created using posts, and categories are used to define product groups. Integrating a 3rd party solution might prove just as complicated (or just as simple) as in Flexx.

On the gallery, the question is probably will it work with the ecommerce solution. Both, the ecommerce plugin and the gallery are 3rd party external products, so that goes beyond the theme (whichever you choose). I think you should have a look at the plugins helpdesk and faq.

And yes, to change the styling etc. of Shopp, modifications can be made by changing the stylesheets.

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.