Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Vimeo Videos Not Working

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ned Robinson

Ned Robinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:31 PM

All of the Vimeo videos that you have posted are not working. The video stops and starts, stutters, jerks the mouse, etc. It's a real mess.

All of the YouTube and other videos work perfectly. Just the ones that you host on Vimeo.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Ned
http://www.reikilotus.com
ned.robinson@yahoo.com

#2 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:32 PM

I just checked one of the videos at http://www.vimeo.com/9884932 and it plays fine for me.

Can you give us the URL of any video that is not playing correctly?

#3 Ned Robinson

Ned Robinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

No URL is needed as every single Vimeo video on your site exhibits the same behavior. They are all unwatchable. If you go to the Vimeo site, you will see that many users have the exact same problem.

Your YouTube videos work great.

I have nothing against Vimeo but I do not have free time to spend trying to use services like theirs when they don't work on either of my very standard Dell window computers. YouTube, Huluand every other mutlimedia site works perfectly for me.

Therefore, my question to you is if iThemes will make videos available to me that you have posted on Vimeo that I can not watch.

I am one step away from buying iBuilder but if your tutorials and other helpful videos are posted exclusively on Vimeo, then I will have to make a different buying decision.

I really love your products and hope that you can offer an alternative to Vimeo.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Ned

Ned
ned.robinson@yahoo.com

#4 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi Ned,

All of them work fine for me as well and I am using a Dell too. What version of flash player are you using and what browser? We use vimeo for tutorial videos because they embed well and are more visually appealling. We use YouTube for search traffic, and since there arent many people searching for
iThemes Tutorials that wouldnt just come to our site first, we dont duplicate
content for our tutorials. If you would like me to help you troubleshoot why this is not working for you then I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#5 Ned Robinson

Ned Robinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

Josh,

Thanks for the offer. That was very encouraging.

Anyway, I got it to work but it wasn't easy. I did have the lastest version of Flash so I figured I should uninstall and then re-install. That did not fix anything.

I then uninstalled it,re-booted and re-installed. That did not fix anything either.

I then saw that in my notification area there was an icon to update Adobe Reader. I ran that program and in uninstalled Reader and re-installed it.

That fixed the problem.

Don't know why Reader and Flash would affect each other but it was the reader update that made the difference. Your vids are now playing perfectly.

Hopefully, this will help someone else who might be having the same issues with Vimeo.

Thanks again,

Ned

Ned
ned.robinson@yahoo.com