Odd coupon issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 robert phillips

robert phillips

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

I sent the following in reply to my confirm email (12-27). Don't seem to find a reply yet. Delayed until now, given holidays. If this is the wrong place to ask, will be glad to repost or resend as directed.
thanks!

%%robert

My previous email to iThemes:
Good morning!I purchased Builder yesterday morning.After the purchase, I (logically) signed up for email updates (below is the confirm I received).I noted the 25% discount on the first purchase!Had I known this existed by subscribing, I would have subscribed first, then ordered Builder with the coupon code.My QUESTION is: can this be applied retroactively?Obviously, I was willing to pay the full price. BUT -- I probably would have ordered much sooner IF I'd had that coupon code.However you decide, consider this. Make some sort of indication on your site that by signing up for email notifications subscribers will get a coupon code. It will not only drive subscriptions, but also purchases. Trust me, there's a lot of chatter and tweeting in the blogosphere about Builder, and there's a good marketing opportunity for you with the coupon code just waiting to happen.Thank you!

#2 Guest_jamesdalman_*

Guest_jamesdalman_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

Robert,

Thanks for your input and sorry you have not received a response. If we haven't done so already, we will issue a refund for the difference since your request was so close after your purchase.
We do post our coupon code on our Twitter page and every so often we announce to people to sign up for our newsletter to get a special deal, but we don't blast it on the site because we originally created this code as a thank you for your purchase (and most of our customers purchase multiple themes). 
We do appreciate the advice and will consider it.

#3 robert phillips

robert phillips

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the fast + helpful turnaround, James!

Your point well-taken. Is *your* decision how to do the marketing.

Since PayPal was (obviously) how I paid, I'll watch & advise when it shows up.

tnksagain!

%%robert