Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

PluginBuddy & Flexx

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jules

Jules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

Am about to purchase PluginBuddy but have a few questions;

1) I've seen and readthat Rotating pictures are for placing on the side bar, can they be placed in a post or a page as well? Is there a video or tutorial on it yet?

2) Also readthere may have been an issue with placing the images in the order you'd like? Has that been resolved?

3) Licensing;I use a play-around student WordPress site and would like to play around with Plugin Buddy on the student site (which isn'tlive to the public) I don't transfer/download my student site to a live WP live site; I start all over when I'm ready to set upmy new site. If I down load Plugin Buddy to my student site is there a way I can use the same license code/numberon my live site when I'm ready? Or will that be considered a 2nd license use?

4) I read somewhere that the license is only good for one year? What if I don't use up all my licenses in one year; what happens to them and how can I continue using them after 12 months? I doubt I'll have 10 sites up within the year.

Thanks

#2 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

Hi Jules,

Sorry for the late reply.

1.) Actually we just added a new plugin to the display buddy series which will be included in the pluginbuddy developers suite its called slideshow. Check it out <a class="sfcode" href="http://pluginbuddy.com/purchase/displaybuddy/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">here! </a>With this you can place your images anywhere on your site and have a choice of 50 different transitions and special effects. As for rotating images yes you can by placing the shortcode.

2.) Yes that has been resolved you can have them in any order.

3.) Well you can install a version of a pluginbuddy plugin on the student site without entering the license you just wont be able to update it. But yes if you have the license activated on both sites it will use 2 licenses.

4.) Well you just wont be able to recieve updates after the 12 months from your activation. You will still be able to use them no problem at all.

Thanks! Please let us know if there is anything else i can help you with.

Josh

Edited by Josh, 19 October 2010 - 09:11 AM.

Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!