Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

reCAPTCHA too wide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

If you go to <a  href="http://www.postmodernmoron.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.postmodernmoron.com/</a>and scroll to the bottom, you can see where I am using the ContactBuddy Plugin Widget and how the reCAPTCHA portion is too wide. Can anyone provide any guidance as to how to make the reCAPTCHA smaller?

Thanks,

Danny

Edited by The Dork Knight, 27 October 2010 - 11:38 AM.

#2 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

The reCAPTCHA portion wasn't really made to be resized but here is some css that you can add to the bottom of your theme's style.css file:

<p style="padding-left: 30px">.side-widget #contactbuddy-1 ul li {
padding-left: 0px;
}
#contactbuddy-1 .contactbuddy-recaptcha-input {
margin-left: -12px !important;
}

This css will move the recaptcha to the left some so that it won't be going outside the container, if you adjust the "-12" it will adjust how far left or right it goes.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

#3 The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the help.I used that code to move it to the left and it is better, but it is still too wide.

Visit this link to see it now: http://www.postmodernmoron.com/(remember to scroll all the way down to the bottom)

Is there really no way to make it just a little smaller? I was going to make a contact page, but my buddy Jason (The Postmodern Moron) doesn't want a contact page for some reason. I greatly appreciate your (and anyone else's for that matter) help with this.

Thanks,

Danny

#4 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:01 PM

The reason that the recaptcha stuff isn't really made to be resized is because the images have to to have a certain amount of space to display correctly.

You might be able to find each individual element in the table holds the recaptcha form but I'm not sure I haven't really gone to deep into that since there is alot in there.

#5 The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

So it's not possible then and I should find another plugin? I'm find it hard to believe that I can't make it 10 to 15 pixels narrower... oh well.

#6 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

I looke at the css some more and you can change the width of each individual item but everytime you resize one thing it breaks the styling on everthing else in the recaptcha table. So you can do it with css it will just be a lot of work to adjust each element in the table.

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,077 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:59 PM

fyi, here's more on customizing the reCaptcha: http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/docs/customization.html

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#8 The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

Thanks Ronald. I will check that out and post my results!