Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Pre-sale question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ally_*

Guest_Ally_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

<span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif">
</span><span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif">
</span>Is there a difference in the Wordpress Tutorial videos that come with the Builder product and the All Access Pass product? IF so, what is the difference?

Are the videos able to be embedded on a site, or are they accessible in some other login manner?

Thank you!

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,767 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

Hi,

the unbranded video tutorials are downloadable as swf object, and can be hosted wherever you want, and embedded in any way you prefer. We do not provide video hosting in particular, other than hosting the videos that we publish as tutorial videos, although we mostly use Vimeo to publish our training and tutorial videos,

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Ally_*

Guest_Ally_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

Thanks Ronald; but is there a diff in the unbranded tutorials that come with Builder and All Access pass - or are they the same titles/videos? Trying to make a purchase decision.

#4 Guest_Ally_*

Guest_Ally_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

Also, I just read Vimeo's terms they say:

"Noncommercial Use Only"

and

"

Vimeo is a place for people to showcase their own work and receive feedback on what they have accomplished. Therefore, we do not allow you to upload videos you did not create yourself, regardless if they are "public domain" works or if you have permission to do so

"

... so how could I host them there, even if I purchase a hosting account?

How do other iThemes clients host these videos for their customers?

Thanks!

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,767 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

Hi,

we produce intruction videos for our products, as part of the product suppot. We host these at Vimeo and/or Youtube. The unbranded tutorials are a set of videos, unbranded. There is no relation to the various videos we create as support to our products. How you wish to distribute or host them is really up to you.

Perhaps this helps.

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 Guest_Ally_*

Guest_Ally_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

Ronald, with respect, so far, no one at iThemes has answered my questions. I started with email and this is an excerpt from the last reply I received from Sales on Oct 25:

"Also, you are welcome to use any of our videos that we have on our website that are available for embed. The general WordPress tutorials are unbranded and those are the ones you would need to use.

We also offer unbranded tutorials for separate use as part of our All-Access Theme Pass."

I wrote back and asked what is the difference between the unbranded videos available on the website and the ones with the All-Access Theme Pass and have yet to receive a reply ... so I came here. I've been ready to purchase, but held up by my questions. I'm still waiting to understand what tutorial titles are available with Builder and if they are different with All-Access?

If I can embed each video into my WP site, that is simple. But you mentioned earlier that the files are .swf and Vimeo; when I research Vimeo, their policies are as I explained, no one can post videos there they did not create. So I was hopeful others here in the iThemes community would tell me what works for them. I know how to google to look for things, I was hopeful this community would share "best practices" with one who want to do things the best/right way.

I feel like I've been spinning my wheels sending emails and posting here as it's been more than a week and I still have no answers to work with.

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,767 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hi,

More information on the unbranded tutorials can be found here (and a brief overview here). These are general tutorials, not related to Builder or any themes specifically.

On your question "what is the difference between the unbranded videos available on the website and the ones with the All-Access Theme Pass", that depends on what you mean by "the unbranded videos available on the website". All videos that we post in our communication (blog posts, product pages, in the forum), to explain features of specific themes or plugins are not part of the unbranded generic video tutorials.

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to force the community to share their best practices, which is why I thought it was appropriate to refer you to other resources.

The easiest way to embed videos on your site using a plugin (link to resources).

I really hope this clarifies,
Ronald

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,767 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

Also, from the readme.txt included with the videos:

LICENSE AGREEMENT:
Please read the theme's FAQ page at http://ithemes.com/frequently-asked-questions/

These WordPress tutorial videos are designed to be used for training your clients in how to use WordPress.
You may NOT resell these video tutorials.
You may redistribute one copy of these videos to your clients via your own hosting server, but NOT on vidoe distribution sites like YouTube, etc.

Questions, bugs and others can be emailed me to cory@ithemes.com.
Or visit the support page at http://www.ithemes.com

INSTALLATION:

Extract the zip files.
Upload the files to your hosting server.
Send the link on your site to the videos to your clients and link to them on your website.
(An index.html file has been provided to the videos, and can be modified to your branding.)

So there is a webpage included linking to/playing the videos that you can use as a sample.

#9 Guest_Ally_*

Guest_Ally_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

I understand they are not theme related; I was confused by the reply in the email I received from an iThemes salesperson - and I copied it above. He/she, not me, referred to the videos on the site and the AAP - I have been trying to understand the difference. Now you reference videos in a 2008 Developers Kit/Theme Club. I planned to use the videos on my website accessible only be membership, so they would not be on a public site.

Do the Wordpress tutorial videos come with Builder?

Or are they ONLY available with the purchase of All Access Pass or 2008 Developers Kit/Theme Club?

Thanks.

#10 Matt Danner

Matt Danner

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Themes
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

Ally -

The downloadable tutorial videos are not included with Builder. The are a bonus we added to the All Access Pass. We are currently (as in literally as I type this) updating the unbranded tutorials for WordPress 3.0, and will have the download updated later today.

I hope this answers your question.

-matt
Chief Operating Officer | Danger | Utility Player