Changing "logged in as user" path

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Willy_*

Guest_Willy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

Hi, great theme!

I am trying to re-direct all wordpress User profile/login/register to the Simple:press profile.

When I am logged in and about to post a comment, I am told I'm logged in as "Admin". "Admin" is highlighted as a link directing me to the wordpress profile page. I want to change this to the Simple:Press profile page.

I've tried search and replace in edit mode in all of the PHP thingies and in the CSS stylesheet. I can't seem to find anything that resembles "loggin in as" or "profile.php" or "Wp-admin".

What I am suppose to change, and in what file?

Thanks!

(This is my site btw: www.robocaptain.com)

Edited by Willy, 02 November 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,595 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Hi,

perhaps this plugin will help, or you can use the standard wp_loginout function.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Willy_*

Guest_Willy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:12 AM

Thanks man, this seems perfect. I'll check it out once I find out why my site is down.

#4 Guest_Willy_*

Guest_Willy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:55 AM

That didn't quite do it. I basically just want to redirect all "/wp-admin/profile.php" to someplace else. Is this possible somehow?

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,595 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hi,

To redirect, you could probably also use the .htaccess file.

I suggest you post this on the general WordPress support forum, it is not necessarily a theme issue, but rather a WordPress related issue.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.