Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Using Tabber with Headway

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

I have a developer license with Headway and they provided a discount and encouraged us to work with BackupBuddy in particular. I was VERY impressed with it and also bought a developer licence for all your plugins. Today I needed to use the Tabber Widget for the first time. I must say it was all but impossible to figure out how to use it or to even find any info on it. Eventually I found some threads with enough so I was able to make sense of it. However, it appears this plugin doesn't work with Headway. Their forum has several posts to that affect. Is this plug-in intended to only work with iThemes? Or is there a work-around to get this to work in Headway. I think the issue may be that Headway can create its own widget areas and there doesn't seem any way to link up the Tabber Widget to one of the Headway widgets. Tis a pitty. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

#2 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hi Sheila,

Well since Tabber widget is one of out free plugins we dont plan on to work with it as much. Well since headway makes its own widgets basically then to implement tabber widget for that we would most likely have to a seperate tabber widget for headway. So its not likely that we implement this in the future.

Thanks!
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#3 neil040

neil040

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Sync
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

Just in case anyone else has come across this.. I activated tabber with headway and set a tabber and worked fine except 1 of the tabbers out of 6 did not show in the widgets area.

Eventually discovered that my one sidebar had an ID of 2, which seemed to conflict with the tabber ID's, in that always the second tabber tab setup would not be shown in the widget area, so no content could be added, but was visible (empty) when the tabber widget was applied to a page.

In my case, (sidebar ID:2) I set a first tabber to 2 tabs and then created a second tabber with however many tabs I wanted. In the widgets area now it displays the first tabber with just the first tab available to edit. Followed by the sidebar, followed by the second tabber with all tabs visible and editable.

Not elegant but works and explains the issue I think, at least in my case.

EDIT:

Well figured it out a better way, which was to first add another sidebar
above the ID:2, then move all widgets to the new one which had named
itself ID:56, then delete ID:2.

That still showed in widget area until I found it still lurking in blog
index and once deleted there was gone from widget area, so tabber widget
now working as expected.

Neil

Edited by Neil Mount, 09 November 2011 - 12:45 AM.

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

Thanks Neil! :) Really appreciate the info.

Added to the Codex: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Tabber_Widget#Making_Tabber_Widget_Compatible_with_different_themes

Regards,

Bes