Support Period for Flexx Multiple Theme Package

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Catherine Bryan_*

Guest_Catherine Bryan_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:49 PM

Greetings -
When I purchased the Flexx multi-theme package in 2009 for $199.95, I was of course not anticipating a cut-off in support per your revised policy since that purchase.  With expending that amount of money, I had fully expected the safety net to remain in place (as is on other template products I've purchased in the past) as opposed to being yanked.
Does the cost of this package versus a single theme qualify the purchaser for a longer period of support than (as I understand it) is one year for current purchases - or are previous purchases before such a sweeping policy change 'grandfathered in'?
Thank you for clarifying this.
Catherine

#2 Guest_jamesdalman_*

Guest_jamesdalman_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

Catherine,
Thank you for your question and post.  Please read over our policy change and the reason behind these changes. http://ithemes.com/ithemes-new-support-and-updates-policy/
If you purchased your Flexx Theme Package before May 2009, then you are covered and "grandfathered in" to the original agreement.  If it was after that time, then the free upgrades and support will need to be renewed each year for the original price of the theme.
Please know that we had to change this support policy model in order to invest in theme upgrades for new browser versions and versions of WP.  It comes down to the reality if we can't stay in business then no one who has purchased our themes benefits.  We sincerely appreciate your understanding.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail sales@ithemes.com.

#3 Guest_Catherine Bryan_*

Guest_Catherine Bryan_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

James -
Thank you for the prompt reply and clarification with reposted policy link - very helpful.  Happily, my purchases of themes precede the May date, as I have plans for several new cms sites using the Flexx themes.  I had also bought the tech theme and have yet to use it, so it's reassuring to know support is still there (at least until themes are retired, per your policy).
With appreciation from Catherine.

#4 Guest_jamesdalman_*

Guest_jamesdalman_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:32 AM

Catherine,
You are very welcome and I wish you the best at you start creating more websites!
- James