Interested in Builder, have some questions...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Jane_*

Guest_Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

I am considering purchasing builder, but have a couple questions.

First, I see that Builder comes with the "rotating Images" plugin which offers a "Stylable text overlay option." I would love to use this, however, I do not want rotating images, simply static images with either a text overlay that changes on hover, or the image will change upon hover/mouseover. Is this possible with this plugin?

Second, I would like to use the "Builder Blocks" that are included with the "Restraunt" syle theme, however, that is not the theme I wish to use. Is there a way to incorporate the Builder Blocks (specifically the Locations one) into any other Builder theme?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,716 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

Hi Jane,

the plugin doesn't respond on mouseover. However, it takes only one line of css code to enable "image swap" on hover, for instance like the 3 blocks on the side in this demo. So there is no need for a plugin.

Currently, the Builder blocks require specific code and functionality in the theme that uses them. At the moment, the Restaurant theme is the only theme supporting Blocks,

There are other alternatives to achieve similar functionality though, so it depends on your requirements,

We're here on the support forum to help you with issues such as these,

hope this helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.