How to create a page on homepage?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Korl_*

Guest_Korl_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:19 AM

From the demo site (http://notepad.ithemes.com/), there is a page as
 <!--post text with the read more link-->

Welcome to Notepad Free Theme
Welcome to the my website - I am glad you are here, and hope you come back often. Feel free to surf around and see if you like what’s on my site. This is an area on your website where you can add text. This will serve as an informative location on your website, where you can talk about your site. If you are looking to bring back site visitors, make this an informative paragraph that links to a more detailed explanation of what your site is all about.
May i know how do i create a page and set it become a post like one and feature on homepage?
Do I need to create a new page as "home" and add some value under the custome fields? What do i need to do if it is needded. Thank you very much =)

#2 Guest_Korl_*

Guest_Korl_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:57 AM

#resolved# http://forum.ithemes.com/index.php?topic=444.0 :)

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,998 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:20 AM

well done!
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Guest_Kyle_*

Guest_Kyle_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:12 AM

The resolved link in the previous post is broken...I would very much like the answer to this question

Thanks

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,998 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi,

here's the reply (from our old forum, which is currently offline)

"Try renaming home.php to something else and rename home_option.php as
home.php. Home_option will never be seen as the primary go-to page for a
site."

does that help?
Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 Guest_Charlie_*

Guest_Charlie_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hi Ronald,

Umm ... so, if I'm writing a page within builder that I would like to be used as the home page ... can you walk me step by step on how to make sure that content remains on the home page?

I'm just a little confused ....

I'm looking at setting up my page to look exactly like http://demos.ithemesbuilder.com/foundation-blank/and I'd like that latin verbage to stay sticky ... and, essentially, only have 1 area for a blog.

Make sense?

Thank you!!

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,998 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:46 AM

Is this related to Builder theme? If so, please sign into the forum, and post in the appropriate forum,

thanks,
Ronald