Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Best way to create a dental blog website

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 eteague

eteague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

I am somewhat new to WordPress and I have been asked to create a website where I could manage a blog page for quite a number of dental related professionals that live in Florida. The basic idea is this:

1. A website for news, new techniques, etc. related to dentistry

2. Many dental related professionals could have a blog page related to their specialty. Page would link back to their main website (the blog area on this site is for SEO enhancement).

Looking for ideas on how to best layout the structure for the blogs since there may be 100s of individuals wanting to have a post. Would need it to have a logical layout (i.e. City, Specialty, Dental Pro's Name).

Either the dental pro could email me the info and I would post or could I set them up as a user where they could post. Looking for input on which would be the best way for this as well.

Is there a plugin that can "dress up" the categories and support many various pros and thier specialties?

Thanks!

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,356 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:06 AM

Hi,

you should look at setting up author pages, so that each author has its own stream of blog posts. You can use categories or tags to further categorize the posts, and create additional views.

Note that you can also post to WordPress by e-mail (to bypass the step of someone mailing you and writing a post),

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.