Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Important Security Update for All iThemes Customers - please read this

Builder - Explosive site with Wordpress Ecommerce

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Findley

Michael Findley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:39 AM

Just wanted to show one of my recent projects. I hope you guys like it. It uses Flash, Builder and WordPress Ecommerce.

I really love IBuilder. It has really helped me to bring more custom wordpress sites to my clients that is really easy for them to update.

Site: http://txbigbangfireworks.com/

Thanks

Michael

Edited by Michael Findley, 15 December 2010 - 04:46 AM.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,536 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Hi Michael,

great, I couldn't stop hovering over the navigation tabs Posted Image

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Michael Findley

Michael Findley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

LOL... Yea my wife could not figure out where the bang was coming from.
Then she walked into the office and saw me playing... I also like
clicking the arrows fast so it sounds like a gun going off. hehehehe

#4 Steve Fitzpatrick

Steve Fitzpatrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:15 AM

Dude, that's one seriously cool site with great business related features that make your site so unique and very cool. Love the navigation animation - awesome.

#5 Charlie Shaw

Charlie Shaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

Really sweet site fella!

#6 Michael Findley

Michael Findley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

Thanks guys. Yea having fun with iBuilder. I have a few more I am going to post. :)

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,536 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

having a blast? Posted Image

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#8 Michael Findley

Michael Findley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

Ronald, I could not of said it better myself. I am now building one using shopp. I am curious to see how that one goes. Also, I have a real estate site coming soon and a lot more. I am about to post a weird one though. Once that the client wanted chakras. lol....

#9 alva

alva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

Hi Michael,

That is a really nice site! I'm researching ecommerce options; is WordPress Ecommerce easy to implement with Builder? For a non-developer?

Thanks!

#10 Michael Findley

Michael Findley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:38 AM

Thanks,

To be honest I have just recently changed my ecommerce plugin to Shopp. I think it has more options and I like all the plugins much better. Here is my next ecommerce site I am working that is still in development.

http://eurosteam.com/store/

It is not live yet but you can see the Shopp ecommerce plugin in action there. I think it is easier to implement, plus seems to have less bugs. I am just working on bringing in the UPS Shipping plugin. I like it the best. It also has so many shipping options too. I have that one and two more ecommerce sites I am developing now. So I would recommend that one. :)

Once you get yours done be sure to post it.

#11 alva

alva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

Thanks Michael! I've got the Shopp page up reading through it now. One of the things I've worried about on launching an online shop is the inventory management aspect. I see Shopp has a basic inventory mgt with low stock alerts. The US Steam site is nice; I like a minimalist design and that really fits with a green company. I looked through your iDesigns site - small world! We're neighbors; I'm in Carrollton.

#12 Michael Findley

Michael Findley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

wow you are in carrolton, that is right around the corner. lol.... Yea we are redesigning my site now. I dont like the look so we are really going crazy with a design. You will have to check it out. Let me know if you need any help. I do whitelable work too. So people that use me I just brand the sites with there names instead of mine. :)

I really like shopp so I hope you find it easy. It has so many features and the support is great to in there forums. So what is your sites url?

#13 alva

alva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

Thanks! Actually, I have several in development for me. I've developed a couple of sites for friends' businesses and had set up a web shingle for a marketing communications company. I ran an in-house agency for a national company for 8 years and it was a lot of fun, I handled web, PR, advertising, POP, all graphic design, etc. and love it all very much and planned to offer those services, but then I realized I would rather offer a product vs. a service, so I'm reworking it all at the moment to be a DIY paid member access site. The tech side is my weakness, so I spend a lot of time reading, researching.

One challenge I have now is I launched a social network on Ning in 2008; my membership is just under 1400. But my Facebook Page for the same network is at almost 25,000 - most of the networking occurson FB. So, I've been trying to figure out how to set up a WP blog using the same URL. I have a lot of content on my ning site I'd want on my blog, but haven't quite figured out how to do that due to the URL issue. The audience for this network is animal lovers and advocates; it's been my volunteer work, but it's also allowed me to test some marketing strategies. So, it's been win-win. This is the Ning network: http://www.pawsitivelytexas.com ... I haven't updated the design based on the desire to relaunch as a blog.

The ecommerce shop will be for this market; I want to generate some revenue to support the promotional campaigns for public awareness.

The biggest project I'm working on is the DIY site that will be paid member access. Do you have any experience with amember pro? I know it can do what I need, I just haven't tried to implement it yet, so I don't know how technical it will be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users