Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Builder, Flexx, or something else?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Matt_*

Guest_Matt_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

Hi,

I want to create a custom theme that would have static images to the left and right of the content on the page over a black background. Their size would be fixed and the content could either remain fixed but I would prefer it to scale to the dimensions of the users desktop. The main content would have a white background. I would like to use this design with different images on certain pages and I would like no border lines between the sections of the main content. Both Builder and Flexx look like great programs and are the same price right now. Can either one or both of these themes give me what I want?

If you need an example of what I am talking about, go to www.huskers.com, I would like to be able to make something like that. I know Dreamweaver and can make a good looking site but I don't know code so if this will do what I need in a theme that would be great.

Matt

#2 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:22 AM

Hi Matt,

This can be done in Builder.

But it won't be possible to create it in a WYSWYG way like how are you used to in DreamWeaver.

You need to be comfortable w/ HTML, CSS and basics of PHP.

I recommend you go through all the videos at http://ithemes.com/ithemes-builder-basics-free-online-workshop/ so you get an understanding of power, capabilities and difficulty level of using Builder.

#3 Guest_Matt_*

Guest_Matt_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

Thank you, I will watch those videos as well and see if Builder is right for me.