Clients and New Themes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Hi

If I build a site using a theme that eventually gets an update...does this mean there is something wrong with the old theme or will it continue to function properly..?

Thanks

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,393 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hi,

the theme will continue to function as it has done sofar. Of course, there are reasons for updates and upgrades, but if there are no issues now, you are not likely to run into them later, and new functionality of WordPress will (most likely) not be available.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for the reply on this. =)

I am looking into getting the muti theme Flexx package. I see there's a mobile App plugin. Can I include this with client sites..?

And I could have sworn that I read somewhere that I would have to charge at least 127.00 for a client site that used Flexx on it..is this right..?

Thanks again..

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hi,

you are free to use the themes and plugin on as many sites as you want, and you are free to charge, or NOT charge your clients.

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

Many thaks for that! Very good news!

#6 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

I'm interested in looking at the webinar listed on this page but the video seems to be missing..

http://ithemes.com/flexxtheme-webinar-a-walk-through-of-our-powerhouse-wordpress-theme/

Any chance I could check it out elsewhere..?

Thanks again for the help

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,393 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Hi,

it appears to be "misplaced" currently, we're looking for it! Posted Image

Will let you know once we've re-published the video,
Ronald

#8 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Okay thanks- I appreciate that...and all of your help too.

warmly

Pat

#9 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

I'm getting ready to buy the plugin developer pack..what happens after 1 year of upgrades and support expire..can I renew ? Or how do I go about keeping my customers' plugins current and functioning properly..?

thanks

#10 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

Yes, it can be renewed.

You have to either log into your customers' sites and do the upgrades or have them buy a license each so they can do the upgrades themeselves.

#11 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,393 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:50 AM

Pat said:

the video seems to be missing..

found it, and it's back on the page,

Ronald

#12 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Hi guys

I'm geting Flexx today- very excited! I'm on verge of getting the plugin collection for unlimited sites as well but have some concerns. Say I sell a complete niche blog to a marketer who sells it to another party.

There's really no way for me to keep track of who eventually has these sites and who has the plugins. How do you handle this as a developer when there is some sort of update..? How does this work..?

Thank you for being patient with my endless questions! Pat

#13 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

The site owner or maintenance person has to have a license so he/she can do the upgrades.

Does that answer your question?

#14 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the reply but then why would in the world would I want a developer's license to be able to use these plugins on clients sites..?

I don't see the point of that when the people are just going to have to buy their own license anyway to keep their plugins like Backup buddy and email plugin up to date. This makes no sense to me at all.

Why isn't there some way where the plugin I buy developer's license for has an unlock key that is given to the buyer of a site that allows them to download any upgrades as long as I have a current license to those plugins.

This is a real bummer. Allowing my clients to have access to these plugins would have been great.

#15 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

A developer's license is intended to let a developer use the product on multiple sites w/o having to pay an additional fees for each site that the product is used in.

Charleen, who handles sales is the right person to answer your question. So I have requested her to reply to your post.

#16 Charleen Green

Charleen Green

Sales

• Moderators
  • Others: Accordion, Administrators, All Plugins, All Themes, Builder, Webdesign
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

Hey Pat;

When you buy/bought the PlugIn Developers Package it included all PlugIns (see below). To keep current with you and your clients you will have to either log into your customers' sites and do the upgrades or
have them buy a license each so they can do the upgrades themselves. After the year subscription is up you and/or your clients will either renew or not stay current with upgrades, new versions and access to our support forum.

You bought the entire package of PluginBuddy Developer Suite for a very low price.

• Save money â Get all PluginBuddy premium plugins for one price
  • One year of support and upgrades
  • Developer Plans for all plugins â Get automatic upgrades on   unlimited sites
  • Any new PluginBuddy plugin released during your membership year
Any other comments regarding this package and/or your purchase questions, please email sales@ithemes.com

Thanks,

Sales@ithemes.com