iThemes builds high-quality, feature-rich, search engine optimized WordPress themes for businesses, government organizations and bloggers who want a professional website with a polished design without having to pay thousands of dollars for a custom web design. Our themes save you time, money, and all kinds of hassles. Using iThemes Builder, our flagship theme with over 50 child theme variations to choose from, or one of our 80+ Classic Themes, you can have your site up and running in hours, if not minutes, for a fraction of the cost.
What is WordPress? WordPress is a free content management system. Simply put, it makes creating and maintaining websites super easy through an online interface. Once it’s installed on your domain and web hosting, all you need is a computer and internet connection to edit your website. And if you know how to use Microsoft Word, then you can operate WordPress. It really is that simple.
All of our themes run on WordPress.
What is a Theme?
A Theme is simply a web template that runs in the WordPress content management system. Think of it like a house. WordPress provides the foundation and framing, while your theme adds in the paint, flooring, curtains, etc. – everything you need to construct the “look” of your site.
What is iThemes Builder?
iThemes Builder is the most flexible theme on the market. There are over 50 child themes that work hand-in-hand with the Builder theme, giving you many out-of-the-box options for your client, business, or personal sites. It also has enough flexibility for designers looking to deliver highly-customized, results-producing websites for their clients. iThemes Builder comes with a powerful layout engine, letting you arrange your content, sidebars, headers and footers however you want by simply stacking up modules (like building blocks). The Style Manager gives you the ultimate in control by letting you change everything from headlines to fonts to backgrounds, to colors that match your brand and more, without having to touch a line of code.
What is Flexx?
Flexx is another of our super-flexible blog themes. Originally created for people who wanted more versatility than most themes provide, it gives you the edge with built-in SEO features, easy to plug-in graphics and backgrounds, and simple ways to switch the layout depending on your needs.
Can I try them out?
Of course! All of our themes have “demo” sites where you can see them in action. And if you’re ready to check under the hood (see how they operate from the back-end), you can try out a select sample on our Trials site.
7 Ways iThemes Can Enhance Your Website or Blog
- Puts You In Charge. When you use WordPress combined with a theme from iThemes, you have the ability to create the look you want, change it whenever you want, add and subtract content at a moment’s notice, including photos, graphics, and even video. When you have such strong and clear control over your site, you can compete with larger businesses on a level playing field.
- Attract New Customers Through Search Engines. Each of our premium themes is search engine optimized to maximize your business’s exposure on the search engines, such as Google and Yahoo.
- Attractive and Functional. It’s not enough to have a nice looking site. Your site also has to do what you want it to do. Easy-to follow-navigation, simple contact forms (with our free plugin), and logical page transitions and relationships are standard in all iThemes themes.
- Customize Your Site For Your Business. Our themes provide a number of easy ways to customize the look and feel of your website, such as adding your own logo or banner without having to know about or edit HTML or CSS code.
- Start a Business Blog. Sharing useful information with your readers through frequent content updates not only makes your site more appealing to potential customers and prospects, it also enhances your search engine ranking. Each iThemes theme includes a typical Blog component so you can write posts and articles quickly and easily. If you can write a paragraph or two in Microsoft Word, trust us, you can write a blog, as well.
- Professional, World-Class Support. Being successful online includes having all the tools you need. In addition to our free video tutorials and “Getting Started” series of webinars, we have an active support forum staffed by a team of full-time experts answering your questions, giving you pointers, and keeping you on the right track.
- Save Hundreds – Even Thousands – of Dollars. Custom web design can run in to multiple thousands of dollars. With iThemes themes, you can get your website running fast, for a tiny fraction of the price.
Here are some iThemes resources to help you in making the best possible purchase decision: