A great way to update and engage the visitors on your website is by providing a WordPress Calendar Plugin. You can update them on upcoming important events and even let them register directly from your site.
No matter what type of blog or website you run, it is essential to keep your audience engaged. Your brands’ professionalism and overall reputation can be improved by adding features such as a calendar plugin to your site.
Business blogging can be made easier by incorporating a WordPress calendar. They provide you with features such as the ability to import data, post recurring events, widgets, and other interactive capabilities to customize your site.
There are a ton of WordPress calendar plugins, and it can be difficult to choose the right one for your business. To help you make this important decision, we created a roundup of options. The list below has been specifically curated for you and your business.
The Events Calendar
Free with Premium Options
- The ability to rapidly create events
- Event list view
- Google Maps integration
- Microformats to increase SEO
- Hooks and filters
- Caching support
- Easy to use
- Customizable functions
- Helpful and detailed calendar setup
- Provides a professional look
- No shortcode available
- High level support only for Pro customers
With this plugin you are able to create and manage an event calendar. The plugin has high level features with a professional appearance. You can customize this plugin to your liking, and it is completely ready to go right out of the box.
If you are a beginner, this plugin is easy to use. There is a support forum that offers light support weekly for the plugin. The Pro version of this plugin also has premium support options.
This plugin comes with a variety of tools. There are template overrides, template tags, filters, and library of free extensions. Many businesses use the WordPress Events Calendar to promote their events. The plugin is designed well enough to work on networks with over 20 million visitors per month and maintain its functionality.
All-In-One Event Calendar
- Day view, week view, month view of events
- Recurring events
- Filtering by event category or tag
- Color coded events
- Embedded Google Maps
- 3 Theme options
- The plugin is translated into many languages
- Easy to use
- Professional Look
- Great features
- For more features, you have to download the add-on
- More support needed
The All-In-One Event Calendar is an excellent way to list your events. The events calendar plugin is easy to manage. It has a clean and professional visual design. The included features help you to create an advanced calendar for your website.
If you download the add-on with this plugin, you can have access to front end submission forms and extended views. Ticketing, venues, and Twitter integration is also added with the plugin.
This events calendar allows you to import events from other sites. You are able to offer your users the option to subscribe to your calendar.
Expert business blogging tips always suggest that businesses keep their users both informed and engaged. You can do this with the All-In-One Event Calendar.
- Calendar grid and list views of events
- Monthly, weekly, or daily views
- Custom templates
- Schedule Recurring Events
- Multi-site friendly
- Integrated help page
- Easy to use
- Help page and support offered
- Event updates to Twitter
- For the best features, you need a Pro subscription
If you are looking for customizable ways to display events, this plugin is for you. The plugin supports event calendars. It is easy to use for beginners and it provides flexibility for experts.
A Pro option is available with more features and premium management. There is a shortcode generator on this plugin to create custom views.
With the plugin you will have rich permissions handling. This helps to restrict access to parts of the plugin. You will receive email notifications when events are reserved or scheduled on your site.
Modern Events Calendar Lite
- Schema ready
- Event status is shown in the submission form
- The shortcode is compatible with Elementor, Divi Builder, Visual Composer and King
- Search bar shortcode
- Pre-built skins
- Event location system
- Events widgets and sidebar
- Google Calendar integration
- Great features on the free version
- Shortcode for page builders
- Easy to use
- You can display multiple locations for events
- Social media share icons
- Limited support available
- Although the plugin has a great free option, there is a wide range of features available through add-ons
The Modern Events Calendar is a free plugin. It is responsive and mobile-friendly. The plugin is designed to easily display an events calendar on your website.
Trending design methods were obviously used to create this plugin. It has a great design and can fit into many different websites. There is an advanced booking system available on the Pro version of the plugin.
You are able to create different recurring or single events on the frontend of your site. The plugin has many modern skins and designs. The plugin allows you to insert images for calendar locations and organizers to further customize for your site viewers.
- Event categories
- Simple event management
- Start and end times
- Customize date and time format
- Translation ready
- Shortcode available
- You can easily set event dates and times
- Free add-ons (Google Maps, Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms)
- Google Maps and Ninja Forms are free add-ons
- Basic features are available on the free version. To have access to high quality features you will need a Pro license.
- Limited support for the free version
The Sugar Calendar plugin makes it easy to get a calendar on your site. You can manage events with this plugin. This is a lightweight plugin. It provides features for excellent event management.
Sugar Calendar features an admin interface that will give your clients a professional look. You can assign events to specific categories. All events can be assigned a starting and end time.
The plugin is Ajax enabled. And one thing that is great is it comes with a custom taxonomy. You will experience simple event configuration with this plugin. Another helpful feature is that it has an events archive option.
Widgets on the plugin allow you to display calendars and event filters. There is shortcode for showing the calendar of events. The plugin allows you to present calendars in both large and small views depending on your own site aesthetic.
There is a premium version of this plugin. With the premium license you will have access to priority support and recurring events. You can use Pro add-ons with the Professional or Ultimate license version.
Event Calendar WD – Responsive Event Calendar Plugin
- The ability to organize single, multiple, or recurring events
- Easy to find events with custom categories
- Social sharing buttons
- Detailed descriptions for events
- Distinct appearances and themes
- Full flexibility and control over the plugin
- Support is available
- Unlimited events and calendars
- Responsive layout
- Event categories and tags to easily navigate your events
- Multiple event display views
- Social sharing and calendar widgets
- Some customers reported that updates are unable on the Pro version
- To get the best benefit, you will need to upgrade
- It may be difficult to navigate for a beginner
A powerful plugin to organize events into calendars. This plugin is user friendly. It is flexible and easy to create both one-time events or multiple and recurring events.
Sending event invitations and selling tickets is extremely easy with this plugin. You have the ability to provide a detailed description for all events that can be edited at any time.
In addition to adding descriptions, you can also assign categories to events for users to navigate easily. In this plugin, every calendar is created as a taxonomy or custom post.
If you are looking for a simple way to promote your events this plugin can help. There is social sharing buttons and support for this plugin. The admin panel is straightforward and simple to use. There are new themes to help customize your calendar.
Amelia Events & Appointments Booking Calendar
- Flexible appointment management
- Ability to configure general settings
- Customize business details and schedules
- Email notifications and confirmations
- Easy to use and install
- Customizable features to fit the needs of your users
- Enterprise-level technology and a professional look
- Limited features with the lite version
- No built in social media sharing options
Amelia is an appointment booking WordPress plugin. The plugin allows you to set up automated booking systems. If you are interested in business blogging and making your business more accessible to customers, this plugin can help.
This plugin provides a stable appointment booking process. The plugin is built with enterprise-level technology. It ensures a smooth user experience. There is no need for page reloading with this plugin.
With this plugin, there is a convenient calendar view on the back-end. This gives a full overview of appointments and their status. When a user sets an appointment on the calendar, there is an email notification that is sent to the customer.
WP Simple Booking Calendar
- Create one calendar
- Display a legend near the calendar
- Responsive calendar layout
- Backup/restore calendar data
- Add and save booking information for each day
- The calendar can be used to show shifts or availability
- The calendar layout is responsive
- Ability to display multiple months of availability
- There is a bulk editor to change multiple dates
- Does not work in a custom post type
- Frequent errors when installing
The WP Simple Booking Calendar shows the availability of services. The installation process of this plugin only takes a few minutes. It is user-friendly. The plugin has the latest updates
This plugin allows your website visitors to check availability and it gives you editing freedom. With the free version, you have access to all the basic features you will need to keep track of your bookings. The Pro version includes custom legend items and advanced editing features.
- Flexible functionality
- Responsive front end and back end design
- Easy to install and integrate with your website
- Customizable time slots and day options
- Easy to understand
- The administration panel is sleek and allows you to see all bookings
- Able to fit the needs of a wide-range of businesses
- No need for third party accounts, all bookings are saved in the database
- Some users complained about a difficult interface
- Support is limited even for paid customers
The Booking Calendar plugin is great for businesses that need an excellent booking system for their website. The interface of the plugin is clean and professional.
With the Booking Calendar WordPress plugin, users can check the availability of services and complete a booking. There is an option for specific time slots. Your customers can select days in the customizable calendar. The booking form field can be configured in multiple ways.
Notifications are sent to both the administrator and the customer about the booking appointment. There is an approve or decline option on the reservation.
The Booking Calendar plugin was designed to work straight out of the box. There are features that prevent you from double-booking time slots. This is a great way to manage your availability and time for appointments.
- Standard monthly calendar grid
- Responsive 3-column event listing
- Compact displays – mini calendar view
- Upcoming events list
- Featured events widgets
- Color-coded categories
- Mouse-over details for events
- Filters for formatting
- There is not an am/pm feature
- The best features are on the paid premium version
With Spiffy Calendar you can manage and display events. The events can be displayed with multiple views and categories. The color-coded option is a feature to help your customers navigate your calendars. And is a great way to keep your calendar organized.
You can use shortcodes, widgets, and recurring events with Spiffy Calendar. The calendar is mobile responsive and can be customized for your business.
Excellent business blogging tips include making your website user-friendly and specific to your client base. The themes available on this plugin gives your users an easy to navigate experience.
There are so many choices it is hard to choose which WordPress calendar plugin is best for your site. We have spent a lot of time training around how to use calendar plugins on WordPress websites including one with Geoff Belanger. Geoff took an hour in our training to show how Events Calendar works. Right now we are offering iThemes Training free for 30 days, so sign-up before this chance is gone.