iThemes opened its doors a year ago — Jan. 24, 2008 to be exact — with our first series, Essence.
The date almost got passed me as we’ve been busy just doing what we set out to do — build the best, most easy-to-use WordPress themes on the planet.
Because I’m feeling nostalgic, I thought I’d give you a synopsis of what’s happened at iThemes in the last year:
- Our staff has grown from just me to four others: Nathan, James, Jesse, and Chris. (We actually got to meet each other at our retreat in September.)
- We released well over 30 WordPress themes, including our pride and joy, FlexxTheme — a mega blog theme that took over two months to develop.
- We’ve had two offices — last week we just moved from our ‘dorm room’ to a modest three-room, climate-controlled office down the street (we’re headquartered in Oklahoma City)
- Some of us attended WordCamp San Francisco and Dallas, and we’re helping organize WordCamp Chicago
- We launched a Movable Type Theme Store
- We recorded our first vidcast, but need to do more
- We’re in the process of building our next venture called Happy Joe
- And we worked with some amazing freelancers like Brian White, Kyle Stauffer, Tim Bednar, Byrne Reese, and others I’m probably forgetting (sorry!)
But one of the best parts about this year has been … you, our customers.
Those of you who support us with your wallets. Your continued support allows us to do more of the above — build new, better themes and support five families thorugh it!
So …. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
It’s been a great year and I’m looking forward to many more like it!