Over the past two years, we’ve be honored to provide quality WordPress themes to thousands of customers around the globe. But the one thing our customers have consistently asked for is training to help them build their own WordPress websites or blogs.
So in January, we hosted our first ever iThemes Bootcamp in Dallas (see the testimonial videos and photos here). Based on the overwhelmingly positive response we got from our customers who participated, our team came back energized and asked when the next one was going to be. In fact, so have many of you.
So I’m excited to finally announce details for and invite you to the next iThemes Bootcamp …. IT’S OFFICIAL!
Join the iThemes Team For Two Action-Packed Days
As We Show You How To Use WordPress
& iThemes Builder to Create Great Websites
iThemes Builder Bootcamp
Friday, April 23 and Saturday, April 24, 2010
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
What is It?
The iThemes Builder Bootcamp is an intense two-day workshop designed to help you build and customize WordPress websites and blogs for yourself or for your clients in our star product – iThemes Builder.
Who Should Attend?
The ideal person for this workshop is those just getting started with Builder to build sites for themselves … or those building sites for clients as a business. So it’s not for the super advanced web developer. But you DO need to know how to use WordPress and be familiar with what themes and plugins are and in particular Builder.
** This Small Workshop Is Limited To Only 50 People **
Registration Is First Come First Serve
3 Great Reasons to Attend
- It’s extremely affordable — We’ve lowered the price for this premium training event as much as we can so as many of our community can come. We charged over $297 a person previously, and although we don’t offer custom services or consulting, in the past we charged $125 an hour for this type of help and training. So for two days, you get in-person access to myself and our iThemes Team, including Builder lead developer Chris Jean.
- Learn how to build great, effective sites with WordPress in Builder — a custom websites can cost over $1,000, our aim is to teach you the skills and ways to build rockin’ websites affordably and effective with Builder.
- Meet other iThemes community members — One of the amazing things for me to observe at our previous Bootcamp was to watch the interaction between our community in person. Not only will you meet and get to know our team in person, but you’ll also be able to build great relationships and connections with each other.
What We’ll Cover
At iThemes Builder Bootcamp, we’ll cover these topics …
- The keys and benefits to using WordPress as a CMS
- How to install and optimize WordPress for search engine optimization and every day use
- The best tools to use for WordPress and Builder web design
- How to backup, restore and secure your WordPress sites
- What WordPress theme files do and how Builder works
- Graphic design tips and tricks to personalize your WP sites
- Tips for customizing Builder with Child Themes and CSS through Style Manager
- How to make your website a marketing hub for your clients and yourself
The best part is … since this will be a small event (remember, only 50 people) you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions AND get personal help along the way from the iThemes Team!
Here’s why I’m personally excited for the event …. we get to meet YOU!
As I’ve traveled to different WordPress events, I’ve had the great pleasure of meeting many of our iThemes customers … but this time, we’ll have our own special party for you!
ONE MORE BONUS … A Special Guest
We are thrilled to announce that our friend Lisa Sabin-Wilson, author of WordPress for Dummies, the new BuddyPress for Dummies and owner of the custom WordPress design firm E.Webscapes, will be joining us for iThemes Builder Bootcamp in OKC! See my video interview with Lisa during a recent conference.
So be sure to register today and start making plans to be in Oklahoma City with us April 23-24, 2010.
The iThemes team, and Lisa, and I look forward to meeting you.
Hotel Reservation Information:
Hotel and travel is of course on your own. We have blocked a number of rooms at special rate for you at the event hotel. Make your reservations by April 7 to get this rate: $89.00 + tax per night OR $99.00 +tax per night with breakfast. Mention group name: iThemes.
Hotel cutoff deadline for room rate is April 7!!!
Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City North
13511 Highland Park Blvd.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73120 USA
Sales fax: 1-405-418-4001
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. both days
Note: Please keep in mind this is a tentative & draft schedule. Based on our last Bootcamp, and your input, we will likely adjust the schedule and topics as requested by our group. Throughout the day, we’ll have Q&A times and our team will be there to talk with as needed.
Session 1: Why WordPress & Using WP as a CMS – Lisa Sabin-Wilson, author of WordPress for Dummies
Session 2: WordPress Installation & Optimization
Session 3: How Builder Works (Theme Files, Loops, etc)
Session 4: Creating Layouts, Configuring Views & Style Manager
Session 5: Building and Using Child Themes
Session 1: Graphic Design Hacks
Session 2: Cool Stuff you can do with Builder
Session 3: Useful Tools to Use with Builder
Session 4: Marketing Tips
Session 5: Backing Up Your WP Site