We’re delighted to announce a major version update to our popular blogging theme FlexxTheme today with the release of v. 4.0.
This update allows you to make modifications to your FlexxTheme without having to modify the core theme files by using child themes.The child themes have an addon value, since they also incorporate the code that enables you to use the featured posts images (as described here) in your FlexxTheme.
Here are the major changes in this release:
- All themes are now child theme enabled.
- Various bugs have been squashed and fixed
- Default child themes have been created for each FlexxTheme version
More on child themes:
- More information and download links to the Child Themes in the iThemes codex.
- Introduction to Child themes
- Child Themes, a quick Tutorial
- More tutorials
Special thanks to our support manager Ronald van Weerd for this release!