ThumbsUp 1.3 has been released with a killer new featured called ThumbsUp Suggest.
ThumbsUp Suggest is an additional widget that you can add to any widgetized area and allow users to type in their own suggestions.
The administrator receives an e-mail of the suggestion and can approve the suggestion as a topic that can be voted on.
Here are some features of ThumbsUp suggest:
- Administrators can choose to receive e-mail notifications upon new submissions
- Administrators can choose to allow non-logged-in users to submit topics (which will reduce spam)
- Administrators can edit and approve the suggested topic when editing the ThumbsUp voting group
- Clean widget with an Ajax posting interface for the end user
Other Additional Features Added with 1.3
- The ThumbsUp icons have been refreshed
- You can now choose to allow up votes, down votes, or both
- For ThumbsUp on posts, you can customize the voting text (and allow up voting or down voting only)
A video demonstrating the new features of ThumbsUp will be posted in a few days.
Want to have access to everything at PluginBuddy, iThemes and WebDesign.com? The 3-in-1 Web Designer’s Toolkit is your best bet. (Current customers, contact sales (at) ithemes.com for your loyalty discount and to sync up your expiration dates.)
Be sure to follow PluginBuddy on Twitter to stay up on all the latest news.