After months of discussions and planning, I’m excited to finally announce our Education Program initiative, focusing on delivering high-quality web design tools and training to the education community.
To kick off this initiative, we’re launching the iThemes Educators Program Beta with a pilot group of 100 educators — giving them our entire inventory of WordPress themes, plugins and training at NO COST.
In essence, we’re giving away almost $100,000 in professional web design resources for free (essentially our Web Designer’s Toolkit – without the bonuses) which includes:
- 150+ WordPress themes, including iThemes Builder, our premiere web design tool
- 20+ WordPress plugins, including our most popular product to date — BackupBuddy
- Almost 300 hours of professional, cutting edge training through WebDesign.com to learn and grow
- And more throughout the year as we develop more and more themes, plugins and training!
Please note: This free giveaway is by application and only available to qualified educators. We have to start somewhere, so we’re limiting it to just 100 applicants in the U.S. and Canada, who we’ll select, and notify of their entry into the inaugural Education program. Selected participants will be notified by October 1, 2011 of your inclusion in the beta program.
Here’s why I think iThemes is the best fit for offering educators these resources:
- One-stop partner — Since 2008, we’ve built, maintained and enhanced our entire product inventory to be the ultimate resource for web designers and developers. As you see from the list above, we offer premiere and comprehensive set of tools and training resources for WordPress web design.
- Dedicated full-time team — We’re not a fly by night operation. With headquarters in Oklahoma City, we have a professional team of 20+ designers, developers and support team members here to serve you into the future! Yes, our team has dedicated their lives to this passionate work of creating easy-to-use tools and cutting edge training to make your jobs easier!
- ‘Learning and growing’ is part of our DNA — One of our core values as a team is to “learn and grow, then teach and share.” Serving the Education community is just part of who we are, naturally. Our passion is to learn and grow personally and as a team …. then impart that knowledge to others. Knowing that our web design tools and training will be used to train others in web design and development gets us going!
- Commitment to improvement, overdelivering and community — Our team is dedicated to constant improvement. We know we haven’t “arrived” so we’re constantly talking with our customer community to enhance and improve everything we do. Call it a commitment to excellent, but our desire is to overdeliver and support our customer community as you support us!
- Giving back — In August, we kicked off a new nonprofit foundation dedicated to web creativity, innovation and training in Oklahoma called The Div. Our intention is to give back to our local community by helping train the new generation of web designers and developers.
All this to say … if you’re an educator seeking to start or expand a web design class (or learn and grow to offer more to your web design students), apply for the iThemes Educators Program Beta here today!
We’re looking forward to learning and growing together with you!
If you have questions about the Education Program or want special discount pricing for your school, please use the Education contact form here.
P.S. — We didn’t forget about students! We know students don’t have a lot of extra income available for a purchase like our Web Designer’s Toolkit either (we remember how expensive school can be!) …. so in the coming weeks we’ll be announcing our Student Discount – similar to other software education programs that is a radical discount on what we offer.
If you’re a student, be sure to sign up here for our Student Education email newsletter and be the first to know what discounts we’re offering.