Builder Blocks are an awesome addition to Builder’s functionality. Blocks operate as a plugin that includes tools for niche site creation including custom post types, custom taxonomies, and any needed custom widgets in one easy-to-deploy package. Currently, Builder has two Blocks (Restaurant and Church) that come bundled with their matching Builder Child theme (City Church, Entreé and Entreé Pub). Check out this video to see how Builder Blocks work.
The third Builder Block is on the way and we’re excited to share this sneak preview of some of the features of the latest Builder Block…for events! The theme team began mapping out the plans for Builder’s Events Block a few months ago. We spent some time considering what elements are crucial to event websites, eventually filling up an entire 4′ x 8′ whiteboard of ideas.
Builder’s Events Block will make it easy to get your event website up quickly by providing styling for several key event details such as location, date and time, and attendee registration—all from the WordPress dashboard. In the midst of event planning, Builder’s Events Block will make the website the easy part.
Check out a few features of the soon-to-be released Builder Events Block:
- Event Date & Time Picker – Add event dates and times easily from the WordPress dashboard.
- Event Location with Google Maps Integration – Add event location and address to easily render a Google map for attendees.
- Integration with Gravity Forms for Event Registration – Seamlessly styles Gravity Forms for easy attendee registration.
A few other expected features include:
- Display a Google Calendar (possibly a shortcode).
- Add event to Google Calendar button
- Simple Registration form (for those that don’t want to use Gravity Forms)
Stay tuned and we’ll keep you updated on the official release of Builder’s Event Block—due out soon! Make sure you’re the first to know by following us on Twitter @iThemes.