BackupBuddy 3.0 is almost here – soon we’ll send the 3.0 Beta test version to many of you (who’ve requested it) so that you can help us test it.
Test it, backup with it, import with it, restore with it, break it, and more: please try everything and anything you wish, and let us know what you find.
Here are 6 things you should remember when you get BackupBuddy 3.0 Beta:
6 Important Things to Realize when Testing BackupBuddy 3.0 Beta
- Make Full and DB Only backups with BackupBuddy 2.2.35. Even though BackupBuddy 3.0 Beta is rock solid, be sure to make full backups and DB only backups (both) with the last stable version, 2.2.35, which is available in your Member’s panel.Since the “Beta” word is involved, something may go wrong at any time.
- Make Full and DB Only backups with BackupBuddy 3.0 Beta. Make all backups with BackupBuddy 3.0 – both for testing and for safekeeping.
- Post all findings in the support forums. We need your help to collect all the feedback for 3.0 . Post all BackupBuddy 3.0 testing feedback in the BackupBuddy forums.If possible, please begin all your posts titles with the words “[3.0 BB Feedback]“, like “[3.0 BB Feedback] Import Timeout“
- Remember to revert back – since it’s a Beta! While you can optionally use BackupBuddy 3.0 Beta in live sites, you should have backups to go back to in case of any issues.Remember: since it’s “beta”, if you run into any issues, we won’t be able to fix them immediately and will recommend that you use the 2.2.35 version instead if you’re stuck.
- Multisite Beta support We started offering beta support for Multisites last year, and the tradition continues with 3.0 . BackupBuddy 3.0 Beta contains massive Multisite feature enhancements. While the Beta label is still there for Multisite support in BackupBuddy, we’re very close to removing the “beta” label from Multisite support.Please post all Multisite Beta feedback in the Multisite forums. Title all your posts with the beginning words “[3.0 MS Feedback]“, like “[3.0 MS Feedback] – User roles disappeared.“
- Separate feedback posts from support posts with the “[3.0 BB/MS Feedback]” titles. Please be sure to put “[3.0 BB Feedback]” or “[3.0 BB Feedback]” in the titles of any posts on the forums which are related to BackupBuddy 3.0 Beta.
Are You Ready for BackupBuddy 3.0?
BackupBuddy 3.0 Beta should be available soon. We’ll be contacting those of you who have requested to help test the new Beta version.
Remember please: do not use the 3.0 beta on any live site unless you have a full backup that you can revert to. Until BackupBuddy 3.0 Beta goes out of the Beta stage (or any specific feature, like the Multisite Beta), we’ll work hard to fix any issues you may encounter while advising you to use 2.2.35 if you need an immediate fix.
Let us know of any bugs, visual inconsistencies, and other things that you find. Thanks! 🙂