It’s here! BackupBuddy v3.1 just launched – including support for BackupBuddy Stash, our new secure, off-site and easy storage destination for your BackupBuddy backups. Storing your BackupBuddy backups should be easy, convenient and affordable – plain and simple. But it’s also important. Storing your BackupBuddy backups off-site means you always have an insurance plan if your site goes down. And that’s why we’ve created BackupBuddy Stash.
With BackupBuddy Stash, your backups are safe & secure. Seriously.
BackupBuddy Stash provides the added security of off-site backups without having to deal with the complexity of S3 or Dropbox. We’ve dealt with the complicated (but important) parts of the process, too – like encryption and redundant backups. All backups are encrypted upon arrival at their storage destination with AES256 encryption – the same level of encryption that the US government authorizes for top secret government documents!
Access your BackupBuddy Stash backups from within the WordPress dashboard or offsite from the BackupBuddy Stashboard.
With BackupBuddy Stash, your BackupBuddy backups can be easily managed from within your WordPress dashboard. From the BackupBuddy Menu, visit the Remote Destinations page to manage, delete or get a direct download link of your BackupBuddy Stash backups:
But what happens if a site crashes or you can’t access your WordPress dashboard? With BackupBuddy Stash, you can easily download a backup from the Stashboard – the new page in your member area for managing your BackupBuddy Stash backups.
To access the Stashboard, log in with your iThemes member username and password. From here, you can view or download your backup files from any of your licensed sites using BackupBuddy and BackupBuddy Stash. You can also view your storage usage and available space:
A Few More BackupBuddy Stash Features
- Seamlessly use your BackupBuddy Stash backups with ImportBuddy (BETA): No more uploading your backup zips to FTP! Just log into BackupBuddy Stash in ImportBuddy and select the backup to restore.
- Fully integrated with BackupBuddy’s backup scheduling: Set up scheduling to transfer your complete or database-only backups to BackupBuddy Stash monthly, weekly, daily or hourly or at a specific date and time.
- Store as many backups as your storage tier allows: BackupBuddy Stash allows you to add as many backups as you want as long as you have free space. But don’t worry – you won’t get charged if you reach the limit of your plan. You will get an email notifying you if scheduled backups don’t send due to hitting the limit.
- Supports multipart uploads: Chunking uploads into pieces allows larger files to be transferred in pieces over time. Larger files can now be transferred to Stash than could be before by breaking files up into ‘chunks’ and sending one piece at a time. Users can specify the chunk size that is transferred to Stash at a time.
And if you have BackupBuddy, you have a BackupBuddy Stash!
We think it’s so important to have an off-site backup of your site that we’ve preloaded 256MB of FREE storage space to all currently subscribed BackupBuddy customers. Use your 256MB to get started with one full backup or smaller database-only backups. Ready to set it up? It’s easy!
Here’s a short video walk-through of how to set up BackupBuddy Stash:
Need more BackupBuddy Stash space?
If you need more space than the 256MB of free BackupBuddy Stash storage included with all BackupBuddy subscriptions, we’ve rolled out three BackupBuddy Stash Storage Plans to fit your needs:
- 5GB – $35/year – This plan is great for site owners who want their backups to be secure and easy.
- 10GB – $60/year – This plan is perfect if you’re using BackupBuddy Stash for a number of sites and offering that extra security to your clients.
- 25GB – $97/year – This is a lot of space for people with a lot of media-heavy sites.
To celebrate the launch of BackupBuddy Stash, save 30% off BackupBuddy or BackupBuddy Stash plan with coupon code BBSTASH30 through November 2, 2012.
Helpful Links & Videos
- Watch the video: How to set up BackupBuddy Stash
- Watch the video: New Features in BackupBuddy 3.1 + BackupBuddy Stash Overview
- Login to the BackupBuddy Stashboard
- Learn More about BackupBuddy Stash
- Don’t have BackupBuddy? Get it here!
BackupBuddy Stash Launch Webinar & T-Shirt Giveaway
Join the BackupBuddy Team for a special launch webinar this Thursday, November 1 at 4pm CDT. They’ll be covering how to set up BackupBuddy Stash and answering any questions. Join us!
We just ordered another round of special edition BackupBuddy t-shirts to give away. Enter below by tweeting or following @Backup_Buddy for your chance to win!