Earlier this month, we welcomed Glenn Ansley to the iThemes team. Glenn is a veteran WordPress developer and he’s already helping to take our plugins to the next level with his first plugin project, Boom Bar. Boom Bar is due out any day and we wanted to share this preview, because we know you’re going to love Boom Bar as much as we do!
Introducing Boom Bar, a new plugin to easily display notification bars on your WordPress site.
Boom Bar is a brand new way to display notification bars on your WordPress site. With tons of customization features, intuitive usability and just pure “wow,” Boom Bar makes it easy to keep your site visitors informed with special messages or important information.
Boom Bar Uses
“Notifications” are the best way we know to describe Boom Bar’s function. Use Boom Bar to promote sales or special offers or display alerts. You can even show your latest tweets or provide a login prompt for registered users of your WordPress site.
Prebuilt Boom Bar Styles
Boom Bar features prebuilt styles that can be applied in the General Settings section:
Customizable Bar Content
Choose your type of content for the bar (custom text, latest tweet or login):
General Settings Options Galore
Boom Bar’s offers a ton of general settings options including:
- Color schemes: 6 prebuilt or your own custom scheme with a color picker for background, text, link and border colors
- Font: Use your default theme font or choose from 12 Google font options
- Default Bar: Indicate if this should be the default bar for the site (Individual posts and pages can override the site default)
- Closeable: Can users choose to hide the bar?
- Remain Closed: If a visitor closes the bar, when should it reappear?
- Location: Select to locate at the top or bottom of the page
- Position: Should this bar remain ‘Fixed’ to the top of the page or scroll with the rest of the content?
- Audience: Select who can see the bar (Everyone, All authenticated users, All unauthenticated visitors, First time visitors, Returning visitors)
- Start Date: If set, the bar will not be displayed before this date. (eg: 2012-11-27
- End Date: If set, the bar will not be displayed after this date. (eg: 2012-11-27)
Custom CSS & Boom Bar Target IDs
Below the General Settings options is a section for custom CSS. This box displays the target id for each Boom Bar:
Individual Posts or Pages Override
Navigate to a post or page and you’ll notice a new Boom Bar box to override the default Boom Bar for this page or apply another Boom Bar:
Be on the lookout for Boom Bar – due out SOON.
Follow @iThemes on Twitter for the latest news and & updates!