Today we’re proud to announce the launch of the new iThemes Tutorials hub with 63 new WordPress video tutorials. Ranging from WordPress 101 (a total beginner’s introduction to WordPress) to advanced WordPress web developer training, to BackupBuddy and Builder basics and even a whole series on Builder CSS, we’ve created these WordPress tutorials as a free resource for our iThemes community and anyone wanting to learn how to use WordPress.
If you’re new to WordPress, this totally-redone series of 24 WordPress 101 videos covers everything you need to know to get started. These videos are also great for teaching your clients how to use WordPress. Videos have been updated for WordPress 3.5.
- What is WordPress?
- WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org
- Logging in
- Exploring the WordPress Dashboard
- Using the WordPress Admin Bar
- Exploring WordPress Settings
- Posts vs. Pages
- Creating Posts
- Adding Links
- Adding Images
- Using the Media Library
- Formatting Posts
- Scheduling Posts
- Using Categories and Tags
- Creating a Page
- Applying Page Templates
- What is a Plugin?
- Installing Plugins
- What is a Theme?
- Using Widgets
- Installing Themes
- Creating Custom Menus
- Managing Comments
- Creating Users
Web Developer Training
This series of 12 videos (over 5 hours of training) offers a comprehensive introduction to WordPress web design and development.
- Web Developer Tools
- How Themes Work
- PHP: Syntax
- The Loop in WordPress
- Template Tags
- WordPress Menus
- CSS: Syntax
- CSS: Colors
- CSS: Positioning
- CSS: Fonts
- CSS: Pseudo Classes
- CSS: Media & Responsive Design
The Builder Basics videos cover all the basics of using iThemes Builder — from downloading, installing, using child themes, creating layouts, applying views and more.
- Downloading Builder
- Installing Builder Theme Core
- Installing Builder Child Themes
- Exploring Builder Settings
- Understanding Builder Layouts
- Creating Builder Layouts
- Applying Views
- Using the Builder Style Manager
- Builder Extensions
- Builder Blocks
In this series of 9 videos (2 hours of training), you’ll learn how to use iThemes Builder and CSS to create unique customizations to your Builder sites.
- Builder CSS: Overview
- Builder CSS: Main Background
- Builder CSS: The Header Module
- Builder CSS: The Navigation Module
- Builder CSS: Content Module
- Builder CSS: Widget Bar Module
- Builder CSS: Image, HTML & Footer
- Builder CSS: Responsive CSS
- Builder CSS: Advanced CSS
These videos cover everything you need to know about using BackupBuddy –from the first 4 critical steps after installing BackupBuddy to creating your first backup and how to perform a site migration.
- Downloading & Installing BackupBuddy
- The First 4 Critical Steps After Installing BackupBuddy
- BackupBuddy Settings
- Using BackupBuddy Stash
- Exploring the BackupBuddy Backups Page
- Setting Up a Scheduled Backup with BackupBuddy
- How to Use Magic Migration
- How to Manually Migrate a Site with BackupBuddy
What do you want to learn about WordPress?
What’s something new you’d like to learn about WordPress? Help us keep iThemes Tutorials stocked up by telling us what you want to learn.