A new Add-on for Exchange has just been released that we’re excited to offer to our community: Recurring Payments.
The Recurring Payments Add-on allows you to sell a product once and collect payments monthly or yearly with auto-renewing payment periods. This is really useful for subscriptions, dues, invoices for professional services or recurring donations.
If you’re a WordPress web developer, you can use this to do ongoing billing (like your monthly retainer or coaching services) or to offer recurring payment options to your clients for their own products or services.
Accept Recurring Payments Online with Exchange
1. To get started using the Recurring Payments Add-on, get your 2 site or Unlimited Sites license. After purchase, upload it to your WordPress site via Plugins > Add New.
2. After uploading and activating, you’ll see Recurring Payments in the list of Enabled Add-ons.
3. Now, from the Add Products page, you’ll see a simple selector in the Exchange product price field. Use the drop-down to select the product payment cycle length.
4. Click the icon to toggle auto-renewing.
Recurring Payments Settings
The Recurring Payments Add-on also includes settings for customizing notification emails for “Recurring Payment Cancelled” and “Recurring Payment Expired.”
1. To customize the text of these emails, visit the Exchange Add-ons page and click the settings icon.
2. From the Recurring Payments Settings page, you’ll see the editor to customize each of the notification emails.
Enter the email text (HTML is accepted) and take advantage of shortcode functions like:
- [it_exchange_email show=name] – The buyer’s first name
- [it_exchange_email show=fullname] – The buyer’s full name, first and last
- [it_exchange_email show=username] – The buyer’s username on the site, if they registered an account
- [it_exchange_email show=sitename] – Your site name
- [it_exchange_email show=login_link] – Adds a link to the login page on your website
Purchase and Download Info
All current Exchange Pro Pack, Plugin Developer Suite and Toolkit Members will now find the Recurring Payments Add-on available to download after logging into the iThemes Member Panel.
Get the Exchange Recurring Payments Add-on