Thought I would take a second and give you an update on some exciting things we’re working on for iThemes Exchange — our WordPress ecommerce plugin that launched in July.
We think this is going to be especially helpful for our customer community who mainly consist of freelancers, solopreneurs and small businesses using WP to build great sites.
So this was a no-brainer. The hard part was finding the dev time with such a long yet exciting roadmap.
So, get ready … very soon in Exchange, you’ll be able to use it to create an invoice as a product (for services, recurring payments, etc), hide it from your main store (where you might sell ebooks or memberships), and then email a link to your clients — all in WordPress.
We’re also working on a couple of other features and add-ons for you, including:
- Manual Purchases — be able to manually add customer accounts and attach products to those accounts (i.e. if you want to give a free account to someone)
- Featured Video Add-on — easily add a sales video to your product pages.
And with the rollout of iThemes Sync, our WP site management plugin and tool, we’re going to be working on some neat integration points with it too (so you can manage and get updates on multiple WP ecommerce sites in one central dashboard).
These are several great reasons to get the Exchange Pro Pack or the iThemes Toolkit today. You won’t want to miss out on these cool things to help you do more online.
Since launching in July, our iThemes Exchange team has been super busy releasing new features, add-ons and themes that extend what you can do with our WordPress ecommerce plugin as well. I’m very very proud of our team for the work they’ve done in this short time.
With Exchange’s arrival we took the first step of starting a public roadmap so that customers and users could subject feature request and vote on ones — helping us build the best ecommerce plugin FOR you.
It’s been pretty awesome to be able to receive requests, get comments, clarification and feedback and easily see which features are the most requested (by votes) using Trello.
Here are just some highlights of features we’ve knocked off so far:
- Physical Products
- Memberships (with a new update just this week)
- Payment Gateways (Authorize.net, CyberSource, 2Checkout, PayPal Pro)
- Free Offers
- Flat Rate and Free Shipping
- Guest Checkout
- Pay What You Want / Donations
- Integrations with popular email servcies like AWeber and MailChimp
- Recurring Payments
- Simple Taxes
- Product Specific Coupons
- And many more (just look through the Completed row on the Roadmap)
As always, thank you for allowing us to be your premiere partner as you build your online empire!