Offer Bulk Pricing and Volume Discounts with the Quantity Discounts Add-on
The Quantity Discounts Add-on for iThemes Exchange adds the ability to set bulk pricing and volume discounts. With the Quantity Discounts Add-on, you can now easily offer discounts for volume orders (for example: buy 1 for $9.99, 3 for $19.99, etc.).
How to Use the Quantity Discounts Add-on
1. Upload and activate the Quantity Discounts Add-on from the iThemes Member Panel following the normal WordPress plugin installation methods.
2. The Quantity Discounts Add-on will automatically be enabled from the iThemes Exchange Add-ons page.
3. From the Product Editor, click the Advanced button to expand the Advanced Settings area. Click the Quantity Discounts tab on the left.
4. Click Enable Quantity Discounts for this Product. Click Add new discount. Add Quantity and Price for your bulk discounts.
5. Now, all quantity orders above your indicated quantity will reflect the discounted quantity price.
New in iThemes Exchange v1.8.2: Continue Shopping Button & Visual Editor Update
The latest version of iThemes Exchange includes two requested features from our iThemes Exchange public roadmap: a “Continue Shopping” button added to the cart & a visual (WYSIWYG) editor for product descriptions.
The New Continue Shopping Button
The option for a “Continue Shopping” button is now included when the Multi-Item Cart Add-on is enabled.
1. To enable the Continue Shopping button, visit the Exchange Add-ons page and enable the Multi-item Cart Add-on.
2. Click the settings gear.
3. On the Multi-item Cart Settings page, you can now enable Show the Continue Shopping button on the cart page. Click Save Changes.
Now the Continue Shopping button will appear on the cart page.
The New Visual (WYSIWYG) Editor for Product Descriptions
Exchange v.1.8.2 also includes an update to the Product Description editor with the addition of a new visual (WYSIWYG) editor.
1. To activate the visual editor, visit Exchange > Settings.
2. Navigate to Admin Settings and click Enable Visual Editor for Product Descriptions. Click Save Changes.
3. Now, if you navigate to the product editor, you’ll see the visual (WYSIWYG) editor has been added to the product description editor.