The new Modify Default Redirects Add-on for iThemes Exchange allows you to customize where a customer is redirected after completing a specific action on your Exchange-powered store. This can be helpful if you’d like to customize what your customers see after registering an account, logging in or completing a purchase.
Redirection Options Included in the Modify Default Redirects Add-on
With the Modify Default Redirects Add-on, you can change default Exchange redirects to any WordPress post or page for the following customer actions:
- Successful login from the Login Page
- Successful login from the Checkout Page
- Successful registration from the Registration Page
- Successful registration from the Checkout Page
Need more options? Let us know.
Understanding Default Exchange Pages & Action Redirects
By default, Exchange generates “pages” for your store (customer account pages, checkout, cart, etc.) To see the pages Exchange creates, visit Exchange > Settings. Click the Pages tab.
From here, you can see (and change) the page type, title and slug for default Exchange pages.
In addition to these default pages, Exchange also handles redirects for customer actions like logins, registration and checkouts — which is where the Modify Default Redirects Add-on comes in. It handles any customizations you’d like to make to these default redirects.
How to Use the Modify Redirects Add-on for iThemes Exchange
1. Follow the normal WordPress plugin installation methods to install and activate the Modify Redirects Add-on plugin.
2. After installing and activating, you’ll see the Modify Default Redirects Add-on has been enabled from the Exchange > Add-ons page.
3. Click the Settings gear. You’ll now see the Modify Default Redirects settings page.
4. From here, you can change select the page type (Default, Exchange Page, WordPress Page or Post).
5. After selecting your page type, another drop-down will populate with a list to correspond with your selection.
6. Select your Page or Post and click Save Changes. Now customers will be redirected to your custom post or page after they complete the corresponding actin.
Download and Purchase Info
All current Toolkit, Plugin Suite and Exchange Pro Pack customers will find the Modify Default Redirects Add-on available for download from the iThemes Member Panel.