This past week has seen some exciting additions come to iTheme Sync in the form of additional reporting metrics. We also spent some time talking about the issues that arrive when a canonical URL is not specified as well as how to better manage your projects with WordPress.
- If you didn’t notice it yet there was a security release for WordPress 4.7.1 yesterday and is highly recommended that you upgrade your sites.
- You may remember a little “licensing” issue that occurred a while ago when Wix took some WordPress GPL code but then didn’t make the code available. Well Wix has taken a different path and reverted back to the original MIT Licensing and has moved on in that direction.
- Google’s new “penalty” for certain types of mobile popup ads are now live and you can learn more from this post.
- It was great news last week when Let’s Encrypt announced they have now passed 20 million active certificates.
- If you are just now adding HTTPS to a site that has been in existence for a while you may be running into a “mixed content” problem where some of the links are insecure. This plugin HTTP/HTTPS Remover can help fix this issue.
- This new twitter feed plugin could be just want you are looking for to integrate your Tweets with your WordPress site.
- It’s time to grow your email list and this newsletter popup plugin is a great solution to help you grow your subscribers.
I wanted to thank those of you who write me and let me know about WordPress plugins, news, tutorials and other pieces of content many of you create. I love adding that type of information to our WordPress Weekly Recap posts. You can also let me know about things you come across by emailing [email protected] Until next week … have a great day.