Every couple of years, we review where we are as a company, as well as our market and our customers, to see what new product lines we need to invest in. About four years ago, we made three new big product investments — iThemes Security, iThemes Sync and iThemes Exchange — for our future and yours … and to serve you better.
Now in 2017, I’m ridiculously excited to finally announce that we are close to releasing our next blockbuster product investment … it’s called HelloSales, a WordPress plugin AND iOS app for WooCommerce, and we have very ambitious plans for it.
First, a large number of our customer base uses WooCommerce (for themselves or clients). We think there are a number of problems we can solve for our customers in using WooCommerce to power their online stores.
Second, WooCommerce is the #1 e-commerce software on the planet … and by all accounts, it’s growing faster than WordPress right now.
Third, we’re not strangers to building onto another platform — i.e. WordPress. Now we’ll be building on WooCommerce, applying our 10 years of experience in WordPress products to offer the best, easiest to use solutions for it.
What is HelloSales?
- First Up: Better, More Accurate WooCommerce Reporting – We’ve heard from a number of people that default WooCommerce reporting isn’t helpful. Rather, it’s actually a pain and frustration point for many people who are serious about e-commerce. Our first version of HelloSales will focus on getting accurate, valuable e-commerce reporting for your WooCommerce shop.
- Know What’s Happening With Your Store WHEREVER You Go – HelloSales also includes an iOS app so you can keep track of how your store is doing when you’re out and about. We want to help you stay connected to the key things you need to know about your store, wherever you go.
- Make More Money with WooCommerce – This is just the first version of HelloSales … we see plenty of opportunity to help WooCommerce. The next versions and major releases of HelloSales will focus on helping WooCommerce store owners make more money online. (We’ll be sharing those thoughts very soon.) So even though we’ll be offering much better and accurate reporting with HelloSales at first, we have a much bigger roadmap for it than better e-commerce reporting. HellosSales will be your long-term companion to making more money with your online store.
Just as you’ve learned to expect from iThemes for almost a decade, we’ll be shipping and iterating new features that help you over and over and over again. HelloSales is a long-term investment for us … for you.
Having accurate metrics for your e-commerce shop is absolutely invaluable. We know because we had to custom build one for our nuanced e-commerce setup at iThemes.com. Without an accurate way to see how sales were going, we were sitting in the dark without it. (First version of HelloSales will be this)
We’ve also got four-plus years of experience in building a WordPress e-commerce plugin … and we’ve been selling online for 10 years via iThemes.com. Along our journey, we’ve garnered some serious expertise in selling online, along with the development and support firepower to make HelloSales a success for you.
Who is HelloSales For?
- WooCommerce Store Owners & Admins – HelloSales is for WooCommerce store owners who want to know what’s happening with their online stores …. but also … to get ways to improve their stores and make more money.
- Freelancers & Agencies – HelloSales is also a new value-add for freelancers or agencies who manage websites for clients. Now you can offer in-depth e-commerce reporting for WooCommerce, offering digital marketing and sales insights.
When Is HelloSales Coming?
Soon. We’re going through testing right now, which means you can expect it in the next 30 days or so. We’re looking forward to this next month and the launch of HelloSales!
Signup to know when HelloSales launches
Additionally, I’d love for you to use the comments here to tell us about your experiences with WooCommerce and ideas for serving you better through HelloSales!