We recently made changes to how the iThemes Sales Accelerator Pro plugin and the individual Pro modules function. In this post, we’ll cover important information on how to update to iThemes Sales Accelerator 1.1.
Instead of including all the Pro modules in the iThemes Sales Accelerator Pro plugin, we wanted to create a more simplified version, allowing you to add just the Pro modules you need or want in separate “add-on” plugins.
Because of this change, we have to change how the plugin upgrade works just for this latest version update.
Steps to Upgrade to iThemes Sales Accelerator 1.1
- 1. Before you begin, it’s a good idea to make a complete backup of your WordPress site before performing this (or any) major upgrade. We recommend using our WordPress backup plugin, BackupBuddy.
- 2. Confirm that you’re running version 1.0.5 of iThemes Sales Accelerator Pro before performing this upgrade. Version 1.0.5 will keep you from having to reimport all of your sales data once you upgrade to 1.1. You’ll find this version update available from your WordPress dashboard (for licensed sites).
- 3. Once you’ve updated and confirmed that you’re running version 1.0.5 of the iThemes Sales Accelerator Pro plugin, you can deactivate and delete the old iThemes Sales Accelerator Pro plugin from your site. You’ll then install the free version of iThemes Sales Accelerator, version 1.1.1.
- 4. Install and activate the free version of the iThemes Sales Accelerator plugin by downloading it from the WordPress Repository or by going to Plugins > Add New and searching for iThemes Sales Accelerator.
- 5. Once you have removed the Pro version and installed the free version of iThemes Sales Accelerator, you will see a notice about updating the database. Click the Start the Updater button to begin the database update.
This update will run in the background of your site, allowing you to continue working.
Once it has completed, another notice will appear.
- 6. With the free version of the iThemes Sales Accelerator now running on your site, you can download and install the iThemes Sales Accelerator – Reporting plugin from your iThemes Member Panel and install and activate it on your site.
- 7. That’s it! After switching to the free version of iThemes Sales Accelerator an and installing the Reporting Pro plugin, you have access to all of your Reporting Pro features.
Need Help or Have Questions?
If you’re a current iThemes Sales Accelerator Pro customer and have questions about this upgrade, our support team is ready to help. Login to the iThemes Help Desk now.