We attend, speak, sponsor and volunteer at numerous WordCamps throughout the year, but I’m very excited about one coming up — the inaugural WordCamp US in Philly, Dec. 4-6, 2015.
If you’re in the US or Canada and active in WordPress, this is a must-attend event and there are still tickets available.
In fact, one of the biggest reasons we participate in so many WordCamps is because we love to meet our community face to face.
So four of us from the iThemes team will be there, including:
- Matt Danner, our COO
- Chris Jean, iThemes Security co-developer
- Aaron Campbell, iThemes security co-developer
We’re looking forward to hanging out with our friends/customers and hope you’ll join us!
And if you want four more compelling reasons to go, here they are:
- Networking — And what I mean by that is … decide to make new WP friends. I’ve made so many incredible friendships (and partnerships) by going to WordCamps throughout the years. The fact is, we’re better together, in community, and WordPress is an amazing community.
- Learning — Every WordCamp always has an amazing set of passionate, expert WordPress people sharing about what they know best. Be ready to take notes, ask questions, and find people in the hallways you want to learn from.
- State of the Word — I always enjoy and take something from WordPress co-founder Matt Mullenweg’s State of the Word address. He lives and breathes WordPress and always gives some cool, practical insights that will excite and inspire you (as well as your customers and clients) about its present and future.
- Get Involved — Maybe it’s time for you to take a step deeper in WordPress and get involved and contribute in a new way. If so, this is your WordCamp to attend. All the key community leaders will be there, and most likely talking about in on the stage (and in the hallways). But what if you’re not a developer? There’s a special session just for you by my friend Rich Robinkoff called How to Contribute to WordPress Without Writing Code you won’t want to miss!
If you’ve already got a ticket (or buying one today), be sure to let us know you’ll be there and want to chat as we’d love to meet you!