It’s official! The first release candidate for BackupBuddy 3.0 (RC-1) is now available to all current BackupBuddy customers.
BackupBuddy 3.0 (a.k.a “Project Badger”) includes some incredible new features. You’ll definitely want to check them all out—especially the all-new “Magic Migration” feature (and see if you can top our current office record of a 62-second site migration).
This release candidate follows a thorough beta period of testing, but it’s always possible that we’ve missed something. We’re asking that you follow these steps for testing and leaving feedback:
- After logging into the iThemes Member Panel, scroll to the bottom of your list of subscription files. You’ll see “Project Badger – BackupBuddy 3 RC-1” has been added to the list. Click that link to download the release candidate (zip).
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT TEST THIS SOFTWARE ON LIVE SITES. Feel free to test away on development environments or test sites.
- We’ve created a forum specifically for BackupBuddy 3.0 feedback for you to share information about your testing experience. Please note anything that works differently than expected or was confusing.
- We’ll be pushing out automatic updates as we make adjustments from your feedback, so check back periodically to update “Project Badger” from your WordPress dashboard.
- The deadline for BackupBuddy 3.0 beta feedback is Monday, June 11th @ 5pm CDT.
Again, we appreciate your feedback for BackupBuddy 3.0 Release Candidate (RC-1) and look forward to the official release of BackupBuddy 3.0 to the general public very soon.
Kristen has been writing tutorials to help WordPress users since 2011. You can usually find her working on new articles for the iThemes blog or developing resources for #WPprosper. Outside of work, Kristen enjoys journaling (she’s written two books!), hiking and camping, cooking, and daily adventures with her family, hoping to live a more present life.