Introducing Deployment – Push or Pull Changes from One WordPress Site to Another in as Few As Two Clicks
BackupBuddy Deployment is a new beta feature in BackupBuddy 6.0 that allows you to easily push or pull a site’s database, media files, plugins and active theme back and forth between two WordPress sites (for example: to/from a WordPress staging (test) site to a live site).
This allows you to develop on one site and then push changes to another, so you never have to develop on a live site again!
With BackupBuddy’s new Deployment functionality, you can use the “BackupBuddy Deployment” Remote Destination to push or pull your entire site to or from another existing site, in as few as two clicks.
Deployment Feature Overview
- See differences in site server settings, active plugins, theme, versions and media prior to deploying.
- Options to transfer the database (all tables, some, or none), plugins, theme and/or media.
- Automatic migration of URLs, paths and other settings just like manual migrations.
- Watch the deployment progress just like a normal backup, displaying a continuous status including a detailed advanced status log of the entire process, all in one place.
- Ability to undo the database changes with one click if something goes wrong prior to confirming the deployment once you’re satisfied.
- Automatic chunking of data transferred between servers to support large files or slow servers.
- Swaps databases only after the entire database and all files have been transferred to attempt to minimize site downtime to mere seconds (or less!).
- Perfect for developing your site in a different location from the live site.
See Deployment in Action – Watch the Webinar Replay
Send Your WordPress Backups to Google Drive with BackupBuddy
BackupBuddy 6.0 now includes Google Drive as a Remote Destination option for your backup storage.
Google Drive Integration Overview
- Intelligent hybrid of chunking & bursting for better handling large files & server performance fluctuations by automatically scaling as needed.
- Automatic “smart” adjustment during transfers to handle your specific server’s speeds and abilities. Directory selector for easily finding where to store files or creating new folders.
- Per-backup archive limits based on the backup type.
- List, delete and download remote backups (remote management may be disabled when creating new destination).
More Features & Enhancements in BackupBuddy 6.0
Finer Grain Archive Limit Controls for Local Backups
- Limit by total number of backups all together or by type (full, database, or files)
- Limit by size & age
- Improved limit controls for most destinations
Performance & Reliability
- Improved server-side performance for slower servers.
- Timed out scheduled backups are now automatically detected & trigger an email notification.
- New option added to receive an email notification if no backups succeed in a certain number of days.
- BETA “Alternative zip system” adds support for chunking zip file creation for supporting large sites and/or slow servers.
Troubleshooting & Security
- Improved Status Log with more descriptive errors, colors highlighting errors, improved preflight checks to detect problems before backups begin and more.
- Status Log options added to download it as a text file, stop automatically scrolling or limit it to the last 100 lines being displayed. These can help with troubleshooting & performance.
- Enhanced security checks to further ensure you, and only you, have access to BackupBuddy’s features and data.