BackupBuddy allows you to send your WordPress backup to Google Drive, so you know your WordPress backup files are stored safely off-site in your Google Drive account.
With the BackupBuddy plugin, you can use automatic backups schedules to automatically send your WordPress backup files to Google Drive after each completed backup.
WordPress Backup to Google Drive with BackupBuddy
It’s easy to backup WordPress to Google Drive with BackupBuddy. BackupBuddy includes support for several other off-site storage destinations to fit your needs, including Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud Files and BackupBuddy Stash (our recommendation).
Here’s how to backup WordPress to Google Drive with BackupBuddy:
- After installing and activating the BackupBuddy plugin, visit the Remote Destinations page.
- Click the +Add New tab to add your new Google Drive destination.
- On the next screen, follow the steps to finish connecting your Google Drive account to BackupBuddy.
- Click the Open Google API Console in new window button.
- In the new window select Create Project and name it something like “BackupBuddy” & Create. Wait for the next screen to display.
- Once the project is created, from the left menu expand APIs & auth then APIs.
- Beneath Google Apps APIs select Drive API then Enable API (Just make sure you select Drive API, not Drive SDK).
- From the left menu, under APIs & auth, select Credentials then Create New Client ID.
- Select Application type of Other.
- Copy & paste the Client ID & Client Secret into the Client ID and Client boxes on the screen.
For complete instructions, check out this post: WordPress backup to Google Drive.
Backup WordPress to Google Drive Now with BackupBuddy
BackupBuddy is the #1 WordPress backup plugin with a ton of features to backup and restore your WordPress site. With BackupBuddy, you can backup your entire WordPress site, restore it back if something goes wrong, migrate to a new host or domain, and much, much more.