With BackupBuddy’s Deployment feature, WordPress staging is made simple. With Deployment, you can push or pull a WordPress staging site’s database, media files, plugins and active theme back and forth between the development site and the live site, allowing you to develop on one site and then push changes to another. Never develop on a live site again!
What is WordPress Staging?
WordPress Staging is a method of developing your website at a different location than your live site. It may consist of two or three separate WordPress sites at different URLs.
For example, you may have a Staging (Test) Site and Live (Production) Site.
WordPress Staging Made Easy with BackupBuddy
The BackupBuddy plugin already lets you move one WordPress site to another domain or host easily. BackupBuddy’s migration feature is popular among WordPress developers who build a custom site for a client on a temporary domain or locally (like a sandbox or playground site) and then want to move the migrate the entire site with themes, plugins, content, styles and widgets over to a live domain.
With BackupBuddy’s Deployment feature, you can also set up a staging site and connect it with your existing site using BackupBuddy. Once the two sites are connected, you can push or pull changes in as few as two clicks.
Deploy Changes from a WordPress Staging Site to Live Site with a Few Clicks with BackupBuddy Deployment
Within the BackupBuddy plugin, BackupBuddy uses a “BackupBuddy Deployment” Remote Destination to connect your WordPress staging site and live site.
Once you initiate deployment, you will see a continuous status of the process in realtime. You’ll be given the opportunity to test the changes and undo the database changes before making them permanent.
- See differences in site server settings, active plugins, theme, versions and media prior to deploying.
- Options to transfer the database (all tables, some, or none), plugins, theme and/or media.
- Automatic migration of URLs, paths, and other settings just like manual migrations.
- Watch the deployment progress just like a normal backup, displaying a continuous status including a detailed advanced status log of the entire process, all in one place.
- Ability to undo the database changes with one click if something goes wrong prior to confirming the deployment once you’re satisfied.
- Automatic chunking of data transferred between servers to support large files or slow servers.
- Swaps databases only after the entire database and all files have been transferred to attempt to minimize site downtime to mere seconds (or less!).
- Perfect for developing your site in a different location from the live site.
- Use staging best practices.
Learn More About WordPress Staging with BackupBuddy
- How to Set Up a WordPress Staging Site with BackupBuddy Deployment
- Watch the Webinar: WordPress Staging Sites Made Easy with BackupBuddy Deployment
- Staging WordPress