Licensing your iThemes products just got a whole lot easier. Starting today, you can add and remove licenses for all your sites from one place: the iThemes Sync dashboard.
The Old Way to Manage Your iThemes Licenses
The old way of licensing your iThemes products goes something like this:
- Log in to each site.
- Visit the iThemes Licensing Page in the Settings menu of the WordPress Dashboard.
- Select each product you wish to license (or unlicense) and enter your iThemes username and password.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for every site using an iThemes theme or plugin.
As you know, this process can get pretty cumbersome, especially if you’re an unlimited site licenses customer. And while you can view and deactivate your licenses from the iThemes Member Panel, you still have to log in to each separate site to add a new license.
The New Way to License Your iThemes Products: Sync Saves Time & Hassle!
The latest update to the Sync Dashboard allows you to add and remove licenses to iThemes products remotely. You can also view a list of every domain with products licensed to your iThemes username.
To take advantage of the new licensing feature in Sync, you’ll need to be running v.1.7.0+ of the Sync plugin.
- After you log in to the Sync dashboard, you’ll see a new Licensing menu item on the left side of the screen. Click this link to open the Licensing page.
- From here, you’ll see a list of all sites with a currently licensed iThemes theme or plugin. Click on any site in the list to expand the site licensing detail.
Adding a New License in Sync
One of the coolest parts of Sync’s licensing feature is that it automatically displays all iThemes products installed on your site (both licensed and unlicensed).
- To add a license, simply click the License button on the right side of the plugin or theme in the list. Sync will automatically apply your iThemes credentials to complete the licensing process, so there’s no typing that info in again and again.
Removing a License in Sync
- From this view, you can see all plugins and themes currently licensed on the site, with the option to remove the license. Simply click the Remove License button to unlicense the product from your account.
Bulk Install Themes & Plugins, Manage Comments, Users & More with Sync
We made Sync to make managing updates (and a whole lot more) for all of your WordPress sites easy.
With Sync, you can also perform these time-saving actions:
- Install Themes & Plugins Remotely – Sync’s Bulk Install feature allows you to install & activate plugins and themes across multiple WordPress sites from both the WordPress.org repository and your iThemes membership. No more downloading zip files and manually uploading or logging in to each site to search and upload.
- Manage Comments & Users – Don’t waste time logging in to each site to manage comments and users. View, approve or delete comments and add new users directly with Sync.
- Perform BackupBuddy Actions – iThemes Sync gets even better for BackupBuddy users. If you have BackupBuddy on your sites, you can make manual backups right from the iThemes Sync dashboard.
- Enable Two-factor authentication for an extra layer of protection – Add an extra layer of protection to your Sync dashboard login with two-factor authentication. Once enabled, Sync will require both a password AND an SMS code sent to your mobile device to log in to the Sync Dashboard.
Kristen has been writing tutorials to help WordPress users since 2011. You can usually find her working on new articles for the iThemes blog or developing resources for #WPprosper. Outside of work, Kristen enjoys journaling (she’s written two books!), hiking and camping, cooking, and daily adventures with her family, hoping to live a more present life.