The latest version of iThemes Security Pro, our WordPress security plugin, just landed with a new WordPress Security Grade Report. With just a single click from your WordPress dashboard, you can see an instant report on the security of your WordPress website. Not only that, you can make the recommended fixes directly from this screen so you can raise your grade—and improve the overall security of your website.
New! Introducing WordPress Security Grade Report + Instantly Fix Security Issues
How to Check Your WordPress Security Grade with the iThemes Security Grade Report
- 1. After logging into to your WordPress site, make sure to update to iThemes Security Pro 5.0.
- 2. From your WordPress dashboard, click the new Grade Report item in the iThemes Security menu.
- 3. On the Grade Report screen, the first thing you’ll see is the overall security grade for your website.
iThemes Security takes several factors into consideration when issuing your security grade, including your software and security settings. In this case, the website got a C, which isn’t great. Since some security issues are more important than others, those issues are weighted to have a larger impact on your overall grade.
- 4. In the Summary section, you’ll see a graph indicating the best possible grade your website can achieve. This will help give you a better idea of which security issues are more pressing to resolve so you can get your best grade.
First up, iThemes Security checks the software installed on your website, including WordPress core, any themes or plugins, and even the PHP version running on your website’s server to make sure you’re running the latest versions. In the Software section, you’ll get a snapshot of this report.
- 5. Just click the Resolve Issues button in the upper right corner to see more details for your software and the individual grades for each item. From here, you can select the box next to each item or the “Select All Resolvable Issues” box to fix the issues.
In the Security Settings section, you’ll see a snapshot of the grade of your current settings. These settings include actions you can take from within the iThemes Security plugin dashboard to harden and secure your website.
Completing these recommended settings include things like enabling WordPress two-factor authentication, WordPress malware scanning and enforcing strong passwords for users.
- 6. Again, you can use the Resolve Issues button to see more details on the individual settings, the grades for each and then resolve the issues.
- 7. Once you’ve resolved the issues, you should see your overall security grade raise. (Good grades mean everything.)
We have even more plans to expand the Grading Report, so stay tuned as we add more features in the future!
Free Webinar! Get a Live Walk-Through of the New WordPress Security Grade Report
During this free webinar, Gerroald Barron, support lead for iThemes Security, will walk through the new WordPress Grading Report, how it works, and the benefits it can bring to your website.
Save 35% Off iThemes Security Pro with New WordPress Security Grade Report
Get iThemes Security Pro today so you can check your website’s security grade and then fix any issues you might have missed. Rest easy knowing you’ve taken the most important security steps to secure and protect your online work.
* Offer good on any *new* iThemes Security Pro or Plugin Suite purchase made April 3 – 30, 2018. Coupon can’t be used to renew or extend an existing membership. Coupon expires on April 30, 2018 @ 11:59 p.m. (CDT).
Want to upgrade your iThemes Security Pro plan? Contact our sales team now.
Kristen has been writing tutorials to help WordPress users since 2011. As marketing director here at iThemes, she’s dedicated to helping you find the best ways to build, manage, and maintain effective WordPress websites. Kristen also enjoys journaling (check out her side project, The Transformation Year!), hiking and camping, step aerobics, cooking, and daily adventures with her family, hoping to live a more present life.