Sync’s integration with BackupBuddy, our 3-in-1 WordPress backup plugin, just got another great new feature: the ability to schedule remote WordPress backups for all your WordPress sites directly from the Sync dashboard.
To take advantage of this new feature, you’ll need two things:
- The latest version of BackupBuddy (v5.0+) installed
- Your WordPress sites running BackupBuddy v5.0+ added to your Sync account
Everyone can add up to 10 free sites in Sync, so check it out! If you’re new to Sync, visit the Sync Quick Setup Guide for more info on getting started managing all your sites with Sync.
How to Set Up Your BackupBuddy Backup Schedules in Sync
1. Update to BackupBuddy 5.0. You can do this right from the Sync Dashboard.
You can also update to BackupBuddy 5.0 from within your WordPress dashboard or by downloading the latest file from your iThemes Member Panel.
2. From the Sync dashboard, click on any site in the list to display the Site Detail page. In the site detail view, lick the BackupBuddy tab.
3. From the BackupBuddy page in Sync, you’ll see a new Schedules section. Click +Add New.
4. Add your new backup schedule’s title, profile (default: Complete or Database Only) and your backup interval.
5. Next, select your backup destination (these are the remote destinations already configured from within BackupBuddy).
6. Last, select whether to Delete After Sending and to Enable Schedule Now. Confirm your backup schedule details and click Add Schedule.
7. Sync will go to work adding your backup schedule.
That’s it! You’ll now see your new backup schedule listed in the Schedules section.
Perform these BackupBuddy Actions from the Sync Dashboard
To recap, you can save time performing these BackupBuddy actions for all your WordPress sites from one convenient dashboard in Sync:
- Run remote backups
- Download your latest backups
- Add backup schedules
- View your backup profiles
- Manage your BackupBuddy Stash backups (view your storage usage, download your backup files sent to Stash and delete backups sent to Stash)
Get Sync Today to Make Managing Your WordPress Backups Quick & Easy
If you’re a current BackupBuddy user, be sure to check out Sync to manage your WordPress sites from one place. With Sync’s integrations with BackupBuddy, you can save even more time managing backups for all your WordPress sites.
Kristen has been writing tutorials to help WordPress users since 2011. You can usually find her working on new articles for the iThemes blog or developing resources for #WPprosper. Outside of work, Kristen enjoys journaling (she’s written two books!), hiking and camping, cooking, and daily adventures with her family, hoping to live a more present life.