Do you ever sit down in front of your computer, staring at your (or a client’s) new WordPress installation and not know where to start?
We just published a new eBook that will help you: 11 Things To Do With Every New WordPress Install. There are tons of awesome things you can do with WordPress, but you can’t get them all done at once. We’ve created a quick pocket guide to help you set a good foundation to build your site.
Here’s a Preview of What’s Inside
So you just installed WordPress – awesome! You’re in good company, about 20% of the web is powered by WordPress. There’s a good chance your favorite store, magazine, artist or blogger uses WordPress. Getting started can be overwhelming but we’re here to help. Here are 11 key things you can do right now to make a great WordPress site.
- Have a Solid Backup Strategy – Think of backups as an insurance policy on the work you’re putting in to your site. (See exactly how much your site is worth
- Take Important Security Measures – WordPress sites are often targeted by hackers and bots that can exploit some common default settings.
- Delete Default Content – Replace the default content ASAP, with your own awesome content.
- Combat Spam – Spam is a pain. We recommend letting Akismet take care of this for you.
- Optimize Your Site’s SEO – Set your site up to be SEO friendly now, as you go. See which time-saving plugins we recommend.
What tips do you have for anyone working on a new WordPress install? Tell us in the comments below or tweet @iThemes.