BackupBuddy: Stash Live Troubleshooting
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- "Settings" page -> "Recent Activity" tab. Check for Live errors.
- "Stash Live" pages -> "Show Advanced Troubleshooting Options" button -> "View Status Log". Check for errors by searching for "Error #" or "error".
- If the current status indicates everything is "Up to date" but the stats indicate otherwise or something 'odd', "Stash Live" pages -> "Show Advanced Troubleshooting Options" button -> click "Restart Periodic Process" button.
- If the files are not progressing or stuck at zero, see the Remote Destinations page Recent Transfers list to check for file transfer issues.
- After looking through the current Status Log for clues, Clear the current Status Log.
- Restart the Periodic Process.
- Check the Status Log for new clues, refreshing as needed (until auto update is added to the log viewing).
Advanced Troubleshooting Buttons
At the very bottom of the Stash Live page there are several troubleshooting buttons you may find useful. Note that it is best to PAUSE the periodic activity (Hit "Pause" in the Files section) and wait for activity in the current background PHP page load to complete so that any changes you make via the buttons below don't get overwritten by the currently running process.
Reset File Audit Times
- The file audit will not run too often. To bypass this safety mechanism (due to performance) do the following. You may then force this step or restart the periodic process to run it.
Reset Send Attempts
- Are there too many remote file transfers failed, causing file sends to halt for the day? Reset this to allow the File Send step to be able to run.
Reset First Completion Time
- Make Live to think this is the very first backup.
Reset Last Snapshot Time
- Make Live think it's been a long time since the last Snapshot.
Unpause Periodic Without Running
- Unpause the files/periodic process without triggering it to run right now.
Resume periodic process
- Resume the periodic (files) process wherever it left off.
- This is similar to clicking the Files "Resume" button.