Good user security is absolutely essential for your WordPress site’s security. Unsecured user accounts, with poor passwords or inactivity, can quickly become big vulnerabilities to your sites.
Poor security for just one user account can open up your entire building, or site, to vulnerabilities that lead to hacks.
Today, it just got better, giving you key information about the health of your user accounts on your sites so you can take action.
The new features added in User Security Check include:
- Password Strength — See the password strength for all your users
- Password Age — See how long it’s been since users have changed their WordPress passwords
- Two-Factor Authentication Reminder — Send your users a nudge to set up Two-Factor Authentication, one of the key ways to lock down your user account
- Inactive User Summary Emails — Get an email summary of users that have not been active on the site for 30 days
- WP Dashboard Widget Summary — Get a summary of this information on the WP Dashboard home page
You can use this information to change user roles to minimize their potential impact on your sites as well.
This is in addition to the previously released features:
- Know which accounts have Two-Factor Authentication enabled or not — two-factor authentication is one of the best ways to lock down your user accounts.
- See when Users were Last Active — get a quick view of dormant accounts, for say, that contract developer you needed to give access to your site for a time, but now is irrelevant.
- See sessions of who’s logged in — and be able to log them out instantly, everywhere. Maybe a user logged in from a library, hotel or a conference setting and you can’t find that laptop or simply want to wipe the slate clean and have everyone log back in. Having a logged in session that isn’t currently attended is like having an OPEN door.
- Change their Roles (and thus Capabilities ) instantly — Admin and Editors roles in WordPress can do a lot of damage to your site. But not every user on your site may need Admin privileges, so you can bump them down quick with one click, and later upgrade them if needed easily, diminishing the opportunity for hacks by those accounts.
- Delete unused or unneeded user accounts — clear out unneeded and unnecessary user accounts.
This is all another effort in iThemes helping you lockdown and protect your invaluable online work with easy to use security best practices.
Get 35% Off Instantly on iThemes Security Pro Today
Click on the plan below that fits your needs and instantly save 35% until Wednesday, Aug 31, 2016.
- 2 Site Plan for $52 (reg. $80) — for the do-it-yourselfer, or to recommend to your clients.
- 10 Site Plan for $65 (reg. $100) — for the web entrepreneur with several sites going at once.
- Unlimited Sites Plan for $97 (reg. $150) — ideal for freelancers and agencies to lock down all your client sites.