Today we’re excited to announce that a new highly-requested feature for Sync Pro is finally here: the ability to generate and email reports to your WordPress maintenance clients.
With Reports in Sync Pro, you can:
- Easily generate reports for updates made to WordPress core, theme & plugins
- Email reports directly to clients
- Whitelabel emails with your information
- Customize date range of reports
- Select report formats (HTML, CSV, PDF)
Using Reports as Part of Your Monthly WordPress Maintenance Service
One of the best ways to show clients the value of their monthly maintenance plan is with report summaries of all of the actions you took to keep their WordPress website up to date. Sync’s Reports handle the hard work of compiling all the actions you took in Sync so you can easily email clients their maintenance reports.
Why You Need WordPress Website Reporting
We’ve been working on Reporting since January because it’s so important to helping you do what you do for your clients and their websites.
Reporting helps you:
- Share what you do for your clients: Updating WordPress, plugins and themes is a large task that you take off their hands. Now you can show in detail what you do.
- Justify your prices/services better: Reporting gives you real data and actions with dates and sites.
More Reports in the Works
We have much more in the works for Sync Pro’s Reporting feature, including detailed reports from iThemes products like BackupBuddy, iThemes Security, iThemes Exchange, other popular premium WordPress plugins and general WordPress stats and information (like who’s logged in, what content has been posted, etc.) that would be useful to you and your clients. We’ve also been working on the ability to schedule reports to be automatically sent.
Right now, Sync Reports include information about the following actions:
- Updates made to WordPress core, theme & plugin updates
- Activation and deactivation of plugins and themes
- Installation and deletion of themes and plugins
- Licensing and unlicensing of iThemes products
If you have an idea or feature request for Reporting, you can let us know on the Sync Public Roadmap.
How to Generate and Email Maintenance Reports to Clients with Sync
To take advantage of Sync’s Reports, you’ll need to have an active Sync Pro account.
1. Log in to Your Sync Dashboard. In the left menu, you’ll see a new “Reports” menu item.
2. Click the Reports menu item. Before you begin, Sync will ask you to set up your whitelabeling settings for your report emails, so click Configure Whitelabeling.
3. On the Whitelabeling screen, you’ll be asked to fill out a few basic settings to be displayed in your report emails, like your Company Name, Default Message and Footer Information.
On the right side, Sync gives you an example email. The Default Message will display at the top of all report emails, so you might want to use something like this:
Once you have your Whitelabeling settings finished up, click Save.
4. Next up, you’ll see the Reports page. Click the Create a New Report Button.
5. To create a report, select the domain(s) you wish to include, then add a Title, Start Date, End Date and Format (HTML, CSV, PDF).
6. Sync will automatically generate the report and add it to the Recent Reports list. Click the Email button.
7. On the Email screen, you can add your client’s email address(es), whether or not to send yourself a copy of the email, the email subject and the message to client. Select the report you wish to send.
The Message to Client is specific to this email, so you might want to personalize it a bit more with something like this:
8. Click Send to send the email.
When your client clicks the View Report button, they’ll see their website maintenance report which includes all the actions taken to update their site with Sync.