This past Friday, we were lucky enough to have John Haydon, author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies, join us for a free webinar.
Currently, Facebook has 850 million active users, 50% of whom login every day. This is a vital marketing avenue to use for your business and John explained how best to utilize it.
Some of John’s key tips were:
- Utilize Your Cover Image – The purpose of your cover image is to make a powerful first impression.
- Simplify Your Profile Picture – Your profile picture needs to be very simple because, while next to the cover image it’s 180 pixels square, it is also used in a much smaller size next to your posts.
- Complete Your About Section – The “About” section is now directly below your cover image, making it more prominent than before. This section should include a brief description of your company and any contact information you have.
- Create Milestones – Milestones for your company would include the date you were founded, the date of a specific release or a new location opening, etc.
- Direct Attention with Highlights and Pins – Using the new highlights and pins features, you can break up your page to create visual interest and/or to highlight a specific post.
Elise likes to say she supports the support team here at iThemes. Her job is to make sure the support team has everything they need and to help them out any way she can. When not working, Elise spends time with her two dogs (Iggy Pup and Bowie) and her cat (Indie), her three nephews or her “little sister.” She has an English Literature degree and still spends a lot of her time reading, especially the classics. She also enjoys baking treats for the iThemes office!